« Religion and Philosophy Forum

About religions. (First of all, I'm sorry, I had to get help from google translate to write this article, I don't have a good English, I'm sorry if I'm wrong.)

Posted by Maqsud101

posted
updated

Forum: Religion and Philosophy

For example, the religion of my country, Islam. The clergy filled me with so much false information that at some point I started to hate God. but today, a highly intelligent person named Cemre convinced me that God will send even atheists to heaven. While my relative, who calls himself religious and thinks himself on the right path with a beard even though he is not in the desert, said to me that if you do not believe in God, you will go to hell, while being aggressive. Cemre gave examples from the verses and explained very well that this is not exactly the case. While my relative was trying to escape with youtube videos and similar excuses from most of the questions I asked to him, while trying to prove God to me with a pen. When Cemre started to ignore the hadiths and give examples from the verses, my perspective on religious people and religions that I had hated for years changed. My personal opinion is that religions are like philosophical views and lifestyles. Some Muslims should be ashamed to call themselves Muslims. They try to make other religions enemies, but Cemre said are you really stupid? Can you believe that a person will go to hell because he is not a Muslim? Don't you think it's funny. I will say that if you want to be affiliated with any religion, read it yourself, do not trust the clergy. and yes even atheists will go to heaven. Not everyone is the same in the world, the same book was not downloaded to everyone, and not everyone could even reach the book. So as long as you have the desire to be a good person in you, you are not on the wrong track. Whoever you call Cemre, he has had major depression for a long time, he thought of suicide every time he woke up, but had to postpone it because of his belief, of course, at some point he managed to get better with medicines or something, and before the major depression period he spent his youth like a vagrant sleeping with women. He says he is not a religious example, but what they say, everyone will be hanged by their own legs. He is someone who accepts science, evolution and most things, and he has shown that he can be both a Muslim and a scientist. Science and religion do not contradict, there are only gaps. gaps that need to be filled over time. both in religions and in science. Cemre is my man. This is my personal opinion, in my opinion, everyone should discover themselves first. My suggestion is to start with philosophy. This can be repulsive because religions try to persuade with examples of too much sanctity and punishment. I like Stoicism, but I know I can't be a Stoic. Not: I'm not ateist I'm disteist.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Apav

posted

I'm a Christian who was raised in a Christian School and wound up getting into many debates with my teachers. I believe people who have less experience with outside views get defensive and come off as ignorant, because once you tear down their worldview their whole world feels threatened. Sometimes it is good to stick to familiarity, than creating chaos by trying to recreate an entire belief system, but chaos is inevitable when people refuse to learn why they are following the traditions and beliefs they follow. So it is very good you are seeking more than a blind faith.

As a Christian I believe all of mankind was corrupted by sin and therefore cannot be one with God as He is perfect. I believe God came in the flesh as Jesus, so that by dying an earthly death and being raised from the dead, He broke the corrupted world's grip on death. This way anyone who is willing to leave their sins behind is capable of living forever with God. The problem is many are not willing to accept their sins exist, let alone leave them behind, and because of this they cannot dwell with God. This seperation from God I believe is hell. Not exactly a punishment delt by God, but the natural consequence of being seperate from Him.

There are other Christian beliefs on the matter however, known as universal salvation, as well as another belief that all will be given a chance at salvation after death. Islam and Christianity are millenia old, so there is much theology to study. Learning on my own made me realize how much my "Christian" teachers were teaching me wasn't even Biblical, and I had to discover a lot of my own theology on my own. It is great that you are thinking for yourself, there are people in every religion who blindly follow what their clergy or priests says, but the clergy is not God. God's relationship with us is something personal, and every individual who claims to be religious should seek out a greater connection with Him, regardless of what other men say.

Report Reply