« Back to the LGBTQ+ Scene Forum

Any polyamorous people? And if so, how’d you find out?

I’ve just recently found out I was polyamorous, so I’d like to know if any of you are also polyamorous and how you found that out?

Also if you don’t mind me asking, how’d you accept yourself in your sexuality? Because I’m having a hard time accepting myself lol

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

isnt that the type of p*orn that my perverted classmate watches?

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

but yeah im okay with being in a relationship with more than 1 person

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Cave Creatures

posted

I didn't really find out I was polyam, it was more sprung upon me when I realized I had feelings for multiple people, and I just went "well f u c k---". It took me a while to come to terms with it, but what was most helpful for me was talking to other polyam people and unlearning that dating multiple people is "slutty" or whatever cus its not! If dating multiple people makes someone happy and all their partners are okay with it, there really isn't any problem and drilling that fact into your head helps a lot -Nagito

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Zippo_•~•

posted

I realized that I was polyam, in middle school, I like theses boys, 2 boys, and I didn’t even know that polyam was a thing, I looked into it, and had a “Oh” moment, and I realized I was gay (agender loving man) during summer break between my 8-9th grade year. I also knew that I liked guys but never really wanted to say I did. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by n0x

posted

so I online dated 2 people at once and i liked it and then i googled why do i like dating 2 people at once and it Sayed polyamorous

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Alyx/Quinn

posted

I found out that I am capable of having more than 1 crush at a time and I’d be more than happy to date them at the same time, and I’ve had a few crushes (still do), I have a squish (queerplatonic crush) on 3 people rn and I want to date all three of them queerplatonically so bad

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xylophone

posted

i always felt like i was "greedy" when it came to dating. i would have a partner, be happy with them, definitely love them, but i still felt like i wanted to love other people. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xander

posted

i mean i found out at summercamp, i thought a girl was cute and this guy was cute, Then the guy asked me out and i said yeah, but we also asked the girl out and we were in a poly relationship for a couple days till the camp ended. I also kinda didnt give a shit and didnt realize till about 4 years later? 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by 𝔼𝕕𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕟

posted

I shouldve known sooner. Im not fully polyam. But like im fine with dating multiple people and just being exclusive. But when i was 7 i dated 3 people all at the same time. That was probably the first indicator. When i was around 11 i started doing research and realized i was probably polyam. But then a year later i realized that i was fine with being monogamous as well. I never really got used to it. It kind of just dawned on me and then i went about my day. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Katty

posted

I've always liked multiple people at once. Even whilst dating I can't seem to help it. I'd been in a poly ship before and it worked pretty well for me at least. 

Permalink Report Reply