« Writing and Poetry Forum

Weight of the world ...

Posted by PurpleShamen

posted
updated

Forum: Writing and Poetry

Weight Of The World ...

So, I wrote this story in parts and over time. Some of this needs editing badly but seeing as I'm leaving anyway, I'll leave it be ...

The Beginning, Part 1 ...                    

*The Spirograph Example* ...I imagine the entire universe as a sphere. A rotating hollowed out ball in space with our planet once moving in a rapid and spiralling motion around the curved corners of our known universe. Around and around but slowing down in its rotation to a near halt/suspended in space while our universe speeds up to compensate and turning our planets axis. But keeping us in a fixed position. While cancelling the earths momentum. From our perspective, we would seem to be moving around the planets in this universe like a tennis ball in a spin drier when in fact, the universe is giving us the gravity we require by spinning as we remain in this almost "fixed point" in space. The earth is still moving but our universe is moving more quickly. In fact, the universe's momentum could be spinning our earth like two cogs connected by a rubber band influencing gravities pull on our planet. Only in this case, the rubber band could represent the type of space currant generated by our universe and bearing down on our planet ...So perhaps gravity is not some invisible force pulling us toward the earth but might be unknown particles in the air that behave in much the same way as the rain that trickles and pours and all in the same direction. Just because we cannot see it. Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist and that it doesn't effect ...Wish that i could draw the images that are in my head but I am crap with a pencil ...Now then, I once attempted to explain gravity away as the result of a flat disk -shaped Earth ascending upward at remarkable speeds and that, instead of gravity pulling things toward us. That it was actually our planet moving toward those objects as the earth moves in a sharp vertical climb throughout space which got me thinking about things. While visiting my local park the other week and walking my sister's dog -We began on a level footing, until we moved up a slight incline which consisted of a handful of rocks and that, I lost my balance and stumbled backward slightly. Reminding me that my center of gravity would need to be shifted in order to compensate for the uneven terrain around. Like a finely-tuned balancing act , the ground beneath us would need to be close to 100% horizontal with only a marginal deviation overlooked. Which would lead to the fact that most of the earth felt under our feet must be so evenly distributed right down to maybe a handful of dirt (I'm guessing) to help keep us moving in the balanced and upright posture that we're used to which would seem too precise to be randomly arranged. And so, going back to that incline in the park. Why would I need to shift most of my weight forward just to move up a small hill if our planets gravitational force should keep me moving upright ?! I mean, if a single rock can throw the whole thing off. Then maybe, gravities exacting force, in opposition to the unpredictability felt beneath our feet will always seem somewhat at odds ...

*Short Addition* ...An aeroplane tens of thousands of feet in the air and needing to balance itself out perfectly from tip to tail toward a gravitational pull that is way too precise and way too far away from the plane to make any real sense, or any impact, thousands of feet from the ground ...

Continued to Part 2 ...

My personal feeling is that, everything on this planet can generate it's own attractive element in spite of size and stature. From a simple rock in the park to a handful of dirt and to anything else between. Take my hand as an example. Now if I pick up a rock, throw it into the air and then catch it. Would my hand be obstructing the way of the earths pull and giving off the false impression of gravity ?! Or proof that, the rock is as attracted to my hand as I am the earth and with the earth to itself as with all else involved ?! And that my hand would be (to extend the idea) -demonstrating it's own gravitational forces over the rock and with the rock to me ?! Also, if I were to open my hand and rotate the palm slightly. That rock would certainly slide from my hand and would fall about 4 feet to the ground. So how can i claim that my hand can produce any gravity at all if the rock can simply fall away so readily ?! Well, if you were to drop that rock over a shear cliff edge. That it would no doubt drop straight downward and wouldn't move any closer to the cliff face as with the rock to my hand ...To Be Continued Maybe ... 

*Additional thought* ...Imagine a rubber band. You pull it at both ends and pretty quickly, the tension causes the band to either snap back into place or to snap in two. Kinda like how I would imagine the force of gravity to behave. (However unpredictably) ...

Following through to part 3 ...

Enter a tower block at the gates entrance. Now climb up the dozens of flights of stairs. At no point do you feel as though gravity is pulling any harder downward than usual. No matter the heights reached, you feel a similar resistance. Now, from the roof of the building, if you decided to jump from the top. You would most likely be picking up additional weight and with increased speeds the further that you fell and the further you fell, the faster you would fall. Reminding you that although the exact same weight, you're also now, much heavier than you ever were at the top ...Gravity can be quite the enigma, however, in looking at both sides of this topic.

Whenever falling from a great height at great speeds, i realise that you can only travel so fast before you begin to slow down a little. As an example  -while trying to waft a fly away, you can feel the air running through your fingers. Like an invisible force is getting in the way. So, in falling from any building, the air currents would be pushing straight up against your body as you bare downward and lessening the speed at which you're falling in a type of 'drag' effect, while "easing" the overall impact perhaps ...

Part 4 ...

From what we're told about the nature of gravity, we're standing on a near solid spherical planet that is somehow creating its own gravitational pull to keep us all in a close and fixed position, and not getting flung into the far reaches of space like in a sling -shot as one would expect. But supposing that instead of standing on top of an over sized water melon with the nature of gravity contradicting common sense that we're instead, within a planet that is as a hollowed out ball (keeping us within the outer edges inside) and spinning very quickly to give the false impression of gravity. Like one of those fairground rides that we used to enjoy as children. The idea that the earth can revolve at all and keeping us somehow grounded and not flying off into space, again, makes no sense. So if we are inside of our planet and spinning very fast, that this is probably more believable a reason of gravity than existing above ground ...

Part 5 ...

By sliding down a small hill, as perhaps a snow boarder, gravity will usually pull us in a sloping sideways position instead of directly downward. Those red marks represent those "unpredictable gravitational waves" that seem to pull us from every angle imaginable, regardless of terrain, but dependent to mass ...An opposing idea I have to do with gravity is that, both gravity and weight are not two independent forces that can work together in keeping us grounded. But rather that, gravity seems dependent on the weight of whatever object that is falling toward earth. In other words, that gravity is just an illusion, it doesn't exist, an accepted fallacy whereas weight gives that false impression of gravity by things falling to earth. So maybe weight and gravity are just one thing that we try splitting in two, in attempting to explain this flawed phenomenon. And so in my opinion, gravity doesn't really exist, but the weight of an object does ...

Final Part ...

Final footnote to gravity (^_^) ...Picture 8 wires attached to your body and inches apart. One pulls one way, one pulls the other and so on as to balance things out. Now picture the tyre of a bicycle, countless spools pulling and pushing in every direction at once to help keep it centred, as with gravity. Let's also envision "gravity" as containing us all within it's own (somewhat) restricted disk -shaped diametric -reach (basically a circular pattern of gravity surrounding us) and not directly beneath our feet as we've been told. Gravity pulls in each direction and as if to balance things out, will pull in equal and opposite lengths too with similar force. The best way to simplify this idea would be whenever assembling your standard tent -wires pulling from all angles will keep it all in that balanced and upright posture ...Which may be the reason why we always fall over but we seldom fall straight downward ...

THE END and, goodbye spacehey ...

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by fvnkietillumunstrome

posted

gravity isnt something PULLING us against the earth, its some unknown force PUSHING us away from space because its afraid of the universe

Report Reply