« Music Forum

Weezer fans rise up. What are your favorites?

Posted by Kaya Krule

posted

Forum: Music

Your favorite album, favorite song, favorite deep-cut/b-side, favorite album/song that other fans seem to hate, suggestions for similar bands, whatever dude.

I'm a diehard Pinkerton fan, but I like Deluxe edition more for all the extra b-sides on it like Devotion and I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams. I also like the alternate version of Butterfly on Deluxe a bit more. Longtime Sunshine. It's all so good.

The White Album also bangs, probably my second favorite. Endless Bummer is a good tune. I also kind of like Pacific Daydream and some songs from Make Believe.

I'm also super into The Rentals, Matt Sharp's band. Their album Return of the Rentals rocks. And if you haven't already, give Ozma a listen, specifically Rock and Roll Pt. 3. Das some good muzik.

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by theangel

posted

ozma are incredible! love them so much

i'm so stoked about sznz autumn. i'm loving it the most out of all the sznz so far. i hope autumn can be even better

Report Reply

Reply by Kaya Krule

posted

Glad to hear from another Ozma fan, respect.

I've not heard a single song from SZNZ, but I've always heard mixed reception. Cool to see some love for it though. Where would Weezer be if it wasn't for their fans who listen to all their music even the unpopular ones?

Report Reply

Reply by Kaya Krule

posted

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think Weezer was a band made of pure hit-or-misses. I've spent a questionable amount of hours delving into Rivers Cuomo's and Weezer's process, trying to understand why they do the things they did and still do. Why River's opted for a drum machine, what's with the tonal shifts of every album, what the fuck were they doing in Raditude. Weezer is imperfect, and Rivers Cuomo is arguably the most imperfect man in this world. But they still have a lot of merit, and their old stuff still sounds good (which is all that matters, really.)

Also, that's a good song! Rock hard!! But no way is it better than even 1/4 of Weezer's stuff!!! that dog is good though.

Report Reply

Reply by bllocky

posted

favorite album is pinkerton, second is green. one i love that ppl hate is pacific daydream & black album. favorite song is "Beginning of the End" off of Van Weezer or Don't Let Go off of Green Album.

Report Reply