« Back to the Neon Genesis Evangelion Forum

wtf was up with kaworu

he literally just became shinji's bf for 24 hours and then died poor guy

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by かい

posted

i thought he will have more screen time in so-called original evangelion too. later in movie 3.0 he is playing main-role with shinji. (i will not talk about it more because spoilers, but ill say its really pretty..) i understand the end of kaworu in so-called original evangelion series like this:

1) low budget: there simply was not enough money to finish the evangelion as it was meant to. or simply there was not that chance, so they wanted to somehow finish later (my theory)

2) kaworu was meant to get to nervs base (as a new pilot), get to lilith and destroy humanity (in short, simple-way explained) when he met shinji he realized how weak lilith-kind is (us, people) but also how beautiful they can be. he tried to learn more about them, about their culture and such, thats why he was singing that song at the begining. kaworu realized that he needs to choose, either he will take over planet with other angels, or he will let himself get killed in order for human, lilith-kind, to survive. he choose what he did..

kaworu is seen as an angel, he has adams soul in him and thats why he is also so-called first and last angel. thanks to adams soul its easy for him to sync with evas and such. 

i could talk more about him and that topic, but i dont wanna spoiler u anything TwT have a lovely day.

Report Reply

Reply by gnarpy

posted

i watched the show for the dude and then he was in like one episode 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝘫𝘶𝘯!!💥🦕

posted

they killed him off for no reason :[ that was the first time shinji experienced true happiness in a while 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝘫𝘶𝘯!!💥🦕

posted

they killed him off for no reason :[ that was the first time shinji experienced true happiness in a while 

Report Reply