« Writing and Poetry Forum

To right the wrong.

Posted by PurpleShamen

posted
updated

Forum: Writing and Poetry

*I don't know who you are anymore*

To sample the slightest we sense In a person, the higher the pedestal we place them on. But because of those concealed secrets that can break the surface. The lowest our opinions can then sink ...You should never assume to understand a person's entire character by that initial 'gut feeling' until you learn a little more about who they really are first ...After all, a saint is a sinner who cover their tracks well. The good are the rotten who hide their mis-dealings from most, and those honest are the liars who convince you otherwise ...The best people in life to know, are the ones that you don't seem to know at all apparently, and I include myself in this ...

"To right the wrong"

Does "good and evil" exist in our world, or are they simply a man made construct -develpoed in guiding others toward better incite into why certain individuals commit such deplorable acts and, in turn 'vice-versa'. Can one simply justify their own perverse motives as to delude themselves into believing that what they're doing (however reprehensible in manner) can be condoned in such a way that they believe as what they're fighting for (and working toward) is for the greater good, whatever the outcome may be. A worthy example to use would be "modern warfare" where one nation (under god) declares war on a foreign land grounded by a differing of religious beliefs. Each of the two nations involved consider themselves as good, but who view their opponents as the unjust who must be held accountable for whatever believing of the two. Nobody is born good or evil as the definitions that stand between each can become blurry and confusing to quite the extent of what would be considered as wrong doing by some, can be mis-translated and of a justifiable cause to others. Good and evil are just humanities attempt in glorifying (as well as condemning) universal traits that are inherent within each and every one of us.

Report Topic

0 Replies