« Books and Stories Forum

Otto Octavius

To start this blog post I will say this is just my opinion about Otto Octavius and his character. Otto Octavius is one of my favourite villains from the Spider-Man series. Doc. Ock was portrayed by Alfred Molina in Spider-Man 2 (2004) and in Spider-Man:No Way Home  (2021). As we probably all know Doc Ock wasn’t always a villain; he used to be a respected man with a job and a wife. Otto Octavius was a nuclear physicist employed at Oscorp's genetic and scientific research division. Otto Octavius’s life's work was that the fusion reactor got out of control and messed up the chip that was separating the arms to the spine. The reactor melted it to his spine and made it so that the metal arms tell him what to do. With most of the background information out of the way I can get going with my true reason for this blog post. 

Otto Octavius was and is a good man, yes he robbed banks and probably killed people but that adds to the thrill of him as a character. He wasn’t in full control after the incident, his arms were scared of being turned off, in the comics they had names so they had their own thoughts and feelings so it would be normal to be scared of being turned off or dead. Otto was only trying to make reusable energy a thing that everybody could have and save the earth before the human population could do any more damage. After the loss of his wife and the death of a friend earlier in the frances it would only put him in a deeper hole of despair and sadness and because of this the arms had more of an imprint of his mind.   

If I know anything about massive wounds he would have phantom pains and would need to be bed-reading for multiple weeks because of the extent of the injuries. But because of the arms pulling him from the hospital it would only make secen if he never healed right and had back pain because of all of the weight on him and not being able to sleep in a comfortable position. It would have taken weeks for the wounds to even heal but because of the constant movement the man does it wouldn't be too out there to think that he was in physical and mental pain the whole movie. 

I think it was a crappy move just to let Otto die at the end of the movie in Spider-Man 2 because Spider-Man could have deftly have saved him after he saved M.J. It was possible but he didn't think that it may only bad thought about the movie as a whole. Because of the relationship that Otto had with Peter and of father and son it was seen earlier in the movie and the fact that he let him stay when he was working.  So Peter not saving Otto was just a backstabbing move in the first place, and he should have because then he would have had a father figure in the future.  

With the end of this blog post closing in Otto Octavius was wronged by Peter Parker and he would have had a better life if was just saved. Explicitly after he got his chip replaced in Spider-Man:No Way Home so he would have been a new person he wouldn’t be considered a villain then. With everything that I have said so far you have my opinion on his character.   

None of this might make scene it was whatever came into my head 

Report Topic

0 Replies