« Back to the mcr fans!!!! Forum

do you have a favorite underrated song by them?

we've all cried to helena, we've all screamed to i'm not okay, and we've all twitched at the first note of welcome to the black parade, but i'd like to know your favorite underrated mcr song that doesn't get talked about as much. most of my favorite songs by mcr (and bands i like in general) are the underrated ones, so i'm curious!!

my answer: the world is ugly. this song is there for me when no one else is and i adore it so much!! it's criminal that it didn't make it onto an album. shoutout to the interlude from three cheers also, it captures that vibes of the whole album in less than a minute and i cry everytime i hear it it's so beautiful

Report Topic

43 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by m0n1c4

posted

I really like the 5 of us are dying and save yourself, I'll hold them back. I feel like they don't get enough attention!! 

Report Reply

Reply by xX Killjoy Kai Xx

posted

zero percent is the song of the century for ever

Report Reply

Reply by slimyratboy

posted

Definitely Bury Me In Black

Report Reply

Reply by Vamppity

posted

Knives / Sorrow Demo 100%

Report Reply

Reply by Broggolin

posted

Burn Bright on the Number Five single night is such a banger. I love the instrumentals so much, it's literally the perfect song to listen to while on a walk late at night.

Report Reply

Reply by GhostyCure

posted

THE LIGHT BEHIND YOUR EYES!!! It’s universally accepted that it’s a song written for bandit way and it’s honestly so sweet

Report Reply

Reply by kil0gram

posted

emily and not that kind of girl!! i never see anyone talk about them!

Report Reply

Reply by hesitantalien ☄. *. ⋆

posted

burn bright and surrender the night both deserve so much more love for sure, they're my favorites off of conventional weapons and two of my top mcr songs

Report Reply

Reply by ani519ka

posted
updated

the original lyrics in disenchanted demo are so good that i am suprised they dont get more recognision! there is some but surely not as much as is deserves in my opinion, and the not entirely cleaned out sound makes it even more authentic :)

my fav one has to be ,,If you would hold on and give me a say. You get the hard part, or maybe just a mistake, maybe we'll just shut up and play, we never did mean nothing to you, never did we?"

Report Reply

Reply by Ray<3

posted

emily for sure, its such a banger >:D

Report Reply

Reply by tori <3

posted
updated

Literally all of these are so good

Both House of wolves demos, desert song, tomorrow’s money, all the angels, save yourself I’ll hold them back tonigh, and ftwww are all bangers

Also their covers are soooo good desolation row (which is kinda well known) and Astro zombies are really good and are arguably better than the original songs (no hate to misfits though ofc)

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_EMILYELECTRICK_xX

posted

astro zombies is AWESOME! i love the original, i love the mcr cover, it's a great song!

not sure if desolation row counts as underrated but it's a bop. also sister to sleep, i still have hope for a studio recording one day :( 

Report Reply

Reply by xX3cheers4BellaXx

posted

I feel like This is the best day ever or Cubicles don't get as much recognition as they should, considering the number of times I've cried to both of them.

Report Reply

Reply by haunted.belladonna

posted
updated

desert song is underrated asf, that song is mesmerising

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ rio raver ☆

posted

I’ve only really started listening to MCR again after about 7 years so i’m not sure how underrated it is but I never hear anyone talking about The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You! I think it’s an awesome song, it deserves more love!! X)

Report Reply

Reply by blub blub

posted

ik i posted this as my fav song but i haven’t seen anyone add it to this so ofc my way home is through you i thought more ppl would talk about it i love it so much

Report Reply

Reply by manofSteele

posted

It is a CRIME that All The Angels did not make it onto the Black Parade.  I cry every time I hear that song.  I think that if it took Teenagers' place, the album would have been even better than it already is.  The patient's lover blaming herself for his death is so genuinely depressing, and slotting after Sleep (when the patient gives up living) and before Disenchanted (when the patient starts to gain hope) would give these songs especially, and the entire rest of the album, so much more depth.

Report Reply

Reply by adi

posted

everything on mad gear is awesome :-( i absolutely love how punk it sounds and gerards vocals are magnificent

Report Reply

Reply by emo_ghostboii

posted

kill all your friends!! its one of my all time favourites and barely anyone talks about it

Report Reply

Reply by MiKeY

posted

The world is ugly and my way home is through you bcuz im a sappy emo ballsack i guess, I LOVE ALL OF THEM

Report Reply

Reply by isaiahkswoosh

posted

All the angels.

Report Reply

Reply by Neo

posted

save yourself definitely it's such a banger and i love the lyrics sm also a lot of conventional weapons like ambulance or surrender the night and many more are actually so good but i rarely see people talk about them emily is also such a good song i used to be obsessed with it to the point i listened to it everyday its so good i also really like sing but i saw a lot of people hating on it and i srsly don't get it it's so good

Report Reply

Reply by Neo

posted

save yourself definitely it's such a banger and i love the lyrics sm also a lot of conventional weapons like ambulance or surrender the night and many more are actually so good but i rarely see people talk about them emily is also such a good song i used to be obsessed with it to the point i listened to it everyday its so good i also really like sing but i saw a lot of people hating on it and i srsly don't get it it's so good

Report Reply

Reply by Frid4mustdie

posted
updated

I lsm kill all your friends DEMO VERSION, the five of US are dying and also Emily (actually i love with all my soul all demos and All conventional weapons) There is a playlist on Spotify called rarities/ bsides mcr ufff it's pure gold.

Report Reply

Reply by Emo_dino-boy

posted

Heaven help us is soo good O_o oops and To the end >_<

Report Reply

Reply by cooked

posted

probably zero percent i LOVE that song its so good 

Report Reply

Reply by Axe x3

posted

Gun I feel like no one ever talks about it unless there trashing on it I literally love that song it’s so g

Report Reply

Reply by emopunchingbag

posted

My fav underated songs by mychem would have to be the five of us are dying and burn bright :)

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ mikey

posted

i totally agree with you on 'the world is ugly' the song is so good i swear. i think ambulance and heaven help us are quite underrated in my opinion? like i rarely hear people talk about them but theyre both equally great songs

Report Reply

Reply by ⚰️xXkatXx🦇

posted

I loove desert song and all the angels!!

Report Reply

Reply by zero:p

posted

hang em high. i fucking love it its so mmmm. also summertime. it means so much to me and makes me feel so much. sound wise? not my favourite. dont hate it, but it doesn't quite scratch my brain. but i still love it

Report Reply

Reply by JAYKE

posted

tbh ive alw felt that stuf frm conv weapons and like kill all yr friends is so underrated like?? anyways i dont get when ppl call mcr fans "posers" when theyre literally jus enjoying their music like babe what u talkin abt teenagers a banger!! (js that theres btr songs compared to it but like theyre all bangers idk what yr talkin abt)

Report Reply

Reply by ryryro

posted

either headfirst for halos or cubicles, though i think most of bullets is underrated anyway? even though i LOVE their more raw/punk-y songs. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ellie!!

posted

Not that kinda girl is so damn good oh my days it deserves so much more recog

Report Reply

Reply by Michael <3

posted

I think mine is definitely save yourself, ill hold them back - the lyrics are really important to me because they make me think a lot about my best friend (im the heart attack in black hair dye) - and bury me in black. Idk if that one is technically underrated, I just never see it talked about. I looove listening to it really loud and screaming along w gerard. Pick up the phone bleehhh :3 pick up the phone fucker XD 

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

probably under pressure. its really good, but the disc is rare cuz its a promo cd that was only given out to radio stations back in 2005.

Report Reply

Reply by SpRinG ¡Is DeAd!

posted

Save yourself I'll hold them back, the guitar at the beginning of the song and Gerard's voice always get me

Also My way home is through you (criminally underrated) 

Report Reply

Reply by GlassCandy

posted

I never told you what I did for a living demo and bury me in black!! They're soooo good :D

Report Reply

Reply by Willow

posted

i really love kill all your friends no one ever talks about it

Report Reply

Reply by zombiefrog

posted

definitely zero percent and someone out there loves you

Report Reply

Reply by catraven

posted

Emily. I need a full not demo version so bad

Report Reply

Reply by Paju

posted

I love ftwww and Black dragon fighting society sm and I never see anybody talk abt it!!!

Report Reply

Reply by vizmeow

posted

Tomorrows money!!! also boy division

Report Reply