« Writing and Poetry Forum

Bullet Journaling anyone?

Not sure if this is exactly the right category but it seemed appropriate (ish)

Anyone else in here a bullet journaler?
I discovered the system about 2 years ago and I would be loooost without it!

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Creature

posted

I dunno if this counts but I do keep a diary, it's not always a daily thing but I write often, like 5-6 times a week

Report Reply

Reply by Arrow

posted

I've got an empty one I've been meaning to get into but I don't know where to start! Need like a guide or advice about how to format one or what goes into it because it seems like a nice relaxing hobby but I NEED a starting point :(

Report Reply

Reply by casey

posted

i keep a super organized planner but havent tried bullet journaling. always been something ive been interested in though...

Report Reply

Reply by H I M E

posted

I've wanted to do bullet journals for a while and this is the year where I've decided to go for it. It's been super fun! I've been doing months in review, and a book tracker, a movie tracker and a daily mood tracker. I also started a budget tracker, but that's it.

Report Reply

Reply by Venus

posted

I started one at the beginning of this year. Definitely wish I would've found it sooner it's so helpful. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ellyist

posted

I love it! When I first started out, I had this not-at-all portable or convenient collection of highlighters, metallic pens and washi tape. Now I'm fine with going minimalist: Calendex, future log, calendar, monthly activity tracker, monthly habit tracker, monthly budget tracker, and that's all I need for the setup. The meal trackers, I eventually stopped using. I also began to separate my artistic corner doodles from the more minimalist utilitarian journaling...which is a good thing, I feel it suits me, having my sketchbook dedicated to just art even small ones and the bujo for everything else.  

I should really make a collection for getting around to fiction writing already: researching, outlining, and then writing it out, on a gauge and on a schedule that I can stick with. 

Daily logging, I think Ryder Carroll calls it rapid logging? That's taken some getting used to but those have been so helpful. 

Report Reply

Reply by Heather LM

posted

I have done this off and on for about 4 years. I'm really struggling now to get back into it. I absolutely love it though, always end up doing spreads and then not actually utilizing what I've done, or the week ends before I've even fully finished my spread. I hope more people join in on this. I wanna feel inspired to actually commit to bullet journaling. 

Report Reply

Reply by vomitboy

posted

just started one this year. so far it's been helpful! i love the freedom and creativity that comes with it. ive tried different kinds of planners before, so far bullet journaling has helped me be the most consistent and productive but we'll see how the rest of the month and the year goes lol.

Report Reply