« Back to the Pop Culture Pagans + Spiritual Fictionki... Forum

PCPs, who do you work with or what is your practice?

Exactly what it says on the tin. Let's get the ball rolling!

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Sylvanos

posted
updated

Hello! I primarily worship the Goddess Hylia. I venerate her sisters as well: Din, Nayru, and Farore— The creators of Hyrule. I directly worship Lady Hylia because she is the keeper of the Triforce and the protector of Hyrule after her sisters returned to their home plane.

I pray to Lady Hylia and give offerings. I also practice an energy cultivation method I call Embodying the Triforce and do meditative flow using a sword as my primary tool.

Report Reply

Reply by Aimact Priest Cecilia

posted

I'm trying to worship Rakmou-leusan, but it isn't really working out well. All I can do is pray because I suck at origami and I don't want to cut myself to offer blood. And I don't know if there's anything else I can do because the author didn't write much about how to perform ortothan religious rituals.

Report Reply

Reply by TakoTrooper

posted
updated

Cecilia, what is your deity associated with? I worship DJ Octavio and there's definitely nothing in the Splatoon lore about that! But because he likes music, I sing songs for him. Apparently it works. Is there a similar connection you can make?

Report Reply

Reply by FoxDragon22

posted

Hello! I worship Arceus and the rest of the Pokémon pantheon.

Report Reply

posted

Hi TakoTrooper! I really don't know what Rakmou-leusan likes specifically, actually (other than having a strong feeling that he likes instant noodles for some reason). He is associated with starlight, but I can't see the stars where I live, so that sucks. He's also associated with the sun, but I don't know how to make a religious ritual out of that.

He's also said to be a curious and kind being who always remains open to the unknowns of the universe, so I guess I could worship him by exploring new ideas? But to be honest, I get mad easily when I look for new ideas because everyone seems super rude and gatekeepy.

Report Reply

Reply by TakoTrooper

posted

Cecilia, I'd recommend making a totem or even a drawing representing them (doesn't have to be skilled, just heartfelt--even a symbol will do) and then leaving it in a window where it will get a lot of sunlight. I think making it a point to learn one new thing a day would be a good way to show devotion too!

Report Reply

posted

Haha, me being able to draw, good joke...if I drew Rakmou-leusan he'd probably end up as a stick figure with four arms. And unfortunately right now it's all gloomy and raining outside. Also, I don't think I can do some of these at home, because they're not very discrete. It wouldn't be easy hiding from my grandparents, since they would definitely notice if I put something in the window. Are there any discrete things I can do other than praying?

Report Reply

Reply by TakoTrooper

posted
updated

I'd say learning one new thing a day as a ritual would be a good start. You don't need totems and altars to worship something, especially if it's not safe.

EDIT: You can always make a pocket altar in a tin and keep it in an inconspicuous place. I carry mine in my purse.

Report Reply

Reply by hecate

posted

hi! I worship Namira/Naemira from the elder scrolls. it's a complicated thing for me as I am a DID system and she lives within me... but I worship her nonetheless. she is a powerful being and I have witnessed this.

nice to meet you all and to have a place to discuss these topics seriously. 

-hecate + rose

Report Reply

Reply by TakoTrooper

posted

Hi to Hecate and Rose! Looking forward to some great discussion, hopefully!

Report Reply

Reply by R0RY

posted

I worship Kyubey from madoka magica! He has more of a personality here than it shows in madoka magica.

Report Reply

Reply by Vision

posted

Worship--I am not sure about the accuracy of this term, in all honesty. 

The Higher Powers I seek to work with are closer to ascended entities, or are multiversal guides.

Thor Odinsson would certainly come to mind, but he is more of a godfather/fun uncle.

My wife works extensively with the Ancient One in meditation and lucid dreams and astral travel.

Report Reply

Reply by garmadon

posted

i dont know if i specifically align myself with paganism but i worship the dark lord Garmadon from ninjago!

...whoo is also my dad ^^'

Report Reply

Reply by Tyler i guess

posted

Nelson from mongrels I connect with him thru meditation n he helps me with my sleep issues

Report Reply