« Music Forum

hello violinists who like to listen to things such as punk, rock (etc.)

Posted by j03y_jinxx

posted

Forum: Music

so over the last few years, i've been realising that there's a lot of violinists who like genres/sub genres that fall under rock, punk, or anything similar. which i'm not saying is a bad thing, i'm one of these violinists too! but when they show interest in playing a genre other than classical and i ask them about it, they always say, "well it's hard to find sheet music for it" ....i'm not going to make fun of violinists who say that 'cause i'm going to assume everyone has a good reason for saying that, but... it would be funny to see a guitarist's reaction to that statement XD anyway, so the point i'm trying to make here all the violinists i meet somehow convince themselves that the only way they can play music is if they read if from sheet music first. now i'm not saying all violinists do this, i'm saying the ones that i've met do. OK POINT ACTUALLY BEING... if there is a violinist interested in playing different genres, i'm open to giving advice and i'd love to help out in any way, such as giving suggestions on techniques you can use, or even things as simple as ear training and what you should be listening for when trying to learn something by ear. also if you're a violinist who is pretty decent at all this stuff, i'm also just looking for other violinists to talk to XD

Report Topic

0 Replies