« Helping each other Forum

I might as well try...

Hey, my name is Jessica and I live in Kentucky with my boyfriend and six rescue cats.

We have never been able to find descent work, and I'm unable to work due to a lifetime of cPTSD and abuse... long story short, I'm just now at 30 years old free from sex slavery and trafficking... and I'm persuing a lot of extensive therapy. It's not safe for me to be in public spaces for too long, or the anxiety turns into a cPTSD related blackout. It's very serious and oddly, kind of painful.

Anyway... since I cannot work, my boyfriend does all he can -- even working at Sandy's restaraunt which... is very unfair to him with their sexist behavior toward him for simply being a man. No joke -- I've heard it over the phone a few times and it breaks my heart.

Well, now our only means of travel is broken down and we can't afford to fix it, because everything Devon makes from work has to go to a bill. There's never anything left over even for groceries. This truck was the only means of getting to an appointment to see about being accepted for disability, as I cannot work... and now I cannot go to that appointment. I can't get benefits because nobody will give me a ride... I've asked. And since the appointment was on a saturday (I have no idea WHY?), I can't take the public/assisted transportation... so I'm screwed and feel like an absolute burden.

I've been on EBT a long time due to being unable to work, and suddenly they were shut off in June. I've been trying for the past four months to keep my case updated and all my information validated... but they've resorted to not answering my calls or updating my case. We're doing all we can right now not to starve... we can't even afford food for our cats and four of them are kittens. I'm worried about them and my boyfriend the most.  I'm overweight so I don't think much will happen to me from not eating -- but it would be nice to have drinking water. We do sometimes recieve from the food pantry, but there is so little and it often goes bad within a week. Nothing is really too shelf-stable and we have to be very sparing with any groceries we get...

Not only are these an issue... but property taxes are $700 at the end of the year and there is no way we can save that when we have to live paycheck to paycheck.

So, I guess I'll just ask -- if anyone ever has the spare change, I would be ever grateful for the help and I'm sure my family would feel much better as well. You can DM me about this if you'd like. I'll give my info if requested. I have CashApp and I have Paypal. Thanks for your time.

Report Topic

0 Replies