« Back to the The Gays Forum

Favourite LGBTQ+ Music?

Posted by Matthew

posted

Forum: The Gays Group

Β I mostly listen to female divas and want to as well as listen to more queer music beside Lil Nas X, anyone know any queer artist and try to get into them?

Report Topic

29 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by wesssss

posted
updated

some basics are troye sivan, girl in red, conan grey, mΓ₯neskin or megan thee stallion, but if you want more niche recommendations, i recommend hatari, mahmood and arca. hatari probably will make it to my spotify wrapped, i've been obsessed in them in the last months

Report Reply

Reply by gxthlvr

posted

mazzy star is very nice <3

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

born this way by lady gaga and the unofficial smithers love song by yourfavoritemartian

Report Reply

ok im a steriotypical lesbian cuz i like girl in red alot but some other good lesbian anthem bands i like are scary bitchs, destroy boys, and there was one other but forgot the name [bouta hunt it down]

Report Reply

Reply by Didrick

posted

Girl In Red is awesome and last year I also discovered Grant Knoche representing Texas in American Song Contest (American equivalent of Eurovision Song Contest), he is openly bisexual, has a song about coming out called "First Hello" and his other songs are straight up fire as well. And he's very easy on the eyes too, which is definitely a plus ;)

Aside fromΒ  that, there are the usuals that draw a huge gay fan base, such as Cher, Lady Gaga, Britney, and the UK band Steps, all of whom I'm a fan of. And here in Norway we have the openly bisexual singer Sondre Justad, who came out two years ago and gained an even bigger following than he already had. All his music is only in Norwegian unfortunately but you can still listen to it and be able to enjoy it, even if you don't understand a word of what he sings about haha :)

Report Reply

Reply by audreyyy

posted

i really love mal blum. honestly he is my comfort artist, his music feels like a warm hug

Report Reply

Reply by audreyyy

posted

but if you are looking for divas, Slayyyter is a pretty good one :)

Report Reply

Reply by weirdhouseplant

posted

The Oozes, they're very cool and I'm mates with the singer, he's really cool!

Report Reply

Reply by dusk_does_nothing

posted

i really like noahfinnce, he's a trans artist :D

his music is kind of punk, i guess? google describes it as "pop punk" or alternative/indie

Report Reply

Reply by inakiera

posted

I like ice spice, syd, and kehlani.

Report Reply

Reply by arte9__

posted

Im sure theres more out there and Im not sure if any of my suggestions would be your cup of tea, but here are some of my fave LGBTQ+ artists:

• Rina Sawayama
  • Rebecca BlackΒ 
  • Dorian Electra
  • Alice Longyu Gao
  • GirliΒ 
  • Baltimora
  • Slayyyter
  • Rico NastyΒ 
  • Willow Smith

Report Reply

Reply by aleph

posted
updated

Labi Siffre. His music is just :3

Report Reply

Reply by Isa

posted

Here's some of my gay anthems

• every girl in red song
  • cavetown-this is home
  • sir chloe-michelle
  • frances forever-space girl

Report Reply

Reply by Isa

posted

Gum Disease is a queer punk band, Both of the members are super nice and always respond to tiktok comments.

Report Reply

Reply by ru may🌷

posted

my bloody valentine is a really cool band for fans of 90s rock!

Report Reply

Reply by zuoelu

posted

this is so late but i love dhruv his music is super chill and he’s gay i think so yeah! i love double take especially

Report Reply

Reply by weirdhouseplant

posted

the Oozes, they're a queer punk band

Report Reply

Reply by m4d_minute

posted
updated

Cain Culto, Trixie Mattel, AJA, Jinkx Monsoon, Keisza, M.I.A., Bad Bad Hats, Chapell Roan

those genres are all ooooover the place but all greatΒ 

EDIT

I forgot to mention Amusium!!!!

he makes the coolest slow sad pop music with a deep tenor voice its amazing

Report Reply

Reply by robin hood <3

posted

cavetown! they have some songs about being trans that i am OBSESSED with.

if you like rock, may i recommend against me! and the scary bitches?Β 

for pop, all i can think of off the top of my head are dove cameron and hayley kiyoko with the songs "boyfriend" and "girls like girls"

OH! and to add to pop with a pop-rock band, panic at the disco! they legitimately have a song about bisexuality with girls / girls / boys!

and one last one, yungblud. they have plenty of songs about poly relationships, gender noncomformity, and a lot of other things.

Report Reply

Reply by oscar

posted

surprised nobody here's mentioned car seat headrest

Report Reply

Reply by every1luvsrox

posted

any riot grrl band.

Dazey And The Scouts

-Nice Nice

-Wet

-James Deen You Let Us Down

-Sweet Cis Teen

Mommy Long Legs

-Weird Girl

-Cat Callers

-Life Rips

Bikini Kill

-Rebel Girl

-Double Dare Ya

the list goes on and on and on!!

Report Reply

Reply by oscar

posted

also sufjan stevens

Report Reply

Reply by CometMothman

posted

I don't really listen to queer artists, most I've found don't make music I enjoy but I do listen to artists that are often linked to queer people (Lemon Demon and Will Wood mostly)

Report Reply

Reply by C

posted

Rainbow Kitten Surprise all the way!! If you like rock/indie they're definitely my go to. They have two trans members and make amazing music. I also love Scary bitches, the oozes, destroy boys, pinkshift, ect. There are definitely more and I'll list them when they come to mind!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Rosario

posted

I like girl in red,tatu,Hayley kiyoko, young miko,bts and troye sivan.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Mochi

posted

its weird that nobody mentioned culture club, their music is so good

favorite song : miss me blind

Report Reply

Reply by Haran

posted

Luv arcaaa and also sophie

Report Reply

Reply by Creature

posted

As some have said before musicians like Cavetown and Girl In Red are very important to me as they were also some of the first queer artists I've listened to. Nowadays I'm looking to diversify and I've found some that while I haven't listened to all their songs are worth listening to.

- Jason Kawn

- Big Joanie

- Waste Womxn

- NEO 10Y

- Sister Rosetta Tharpe

- Anitta

- Kali Uchis

- Villano Antillano

I encourage others to add more musicians of color (not meaning this to be back handed as many already mentioned artists still have a special place in my heart for my coming out as a trans man on the ace spectrum and I still listen to some to this day)

Report Reply

Reply by TFL|Spencer

posted

I love collecting lesbian musicians! My absolute favorite is Chris Pureka. She is so underrated, hands down one of the best musicians on the market and incredibly down to earth.Β 

Report Reply