« Games Forum

Doki Doki Literature Club

Posted by Jessica Snow

posted

Forum: Games

Who is your favorite Doki and why?

Get deep, get creative, get sad, but try not to be NSFW.

Honestly, I can't decide... but I find myself tossed up between them all.

Monika:  I think I relate to her due to my difficult childhood. I was basically "programmed" to be what my sick father wanted and so I was trapped and all I wanted was to be loved for real.

Sayori: I have terrible depression... and while I can't hide it as well as Sayori can, I do feel it's my job to make sure other people are happy and taken care of... in the event I'm not around anymore, I want my friends and loved ones to have someone to go to... because it's always me.

Yuri: I've self-harmed a lot... and I do have a bit of a k!nk for edge play, and one of my guilty pleasures is admiring gore-art... one of the reasons I love my boyfriend is because he is very good at sharpening blades, and listening to him do it puts me at ease. Also, when I'm in the right headspace, I'm a pretty great writer. I've never had an upset customer.

Natsuki: Well, I've been beaten at home too. I get it... I understand everyone hating on me for stupid things like... my size, what I like to read, how I write, what style I like, why I'm so hungry but refuse to eat around people very often... I just get it.

If I had to go the nerd route and pick a waifu, I think I would pick Sayori. Maybe I could love her back together.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Remmie

posted

My older brother was the one to get me into Doki Doki and even bought me DDLC+ on my PS4 for me. He adores the characters, but I never really saw much interest in them until experiencing the extra stories on Plus.

Sayori hit me extremely heavily, but so did all of them. But I think the two I relate to the most are definitely Sayori and Monika. They both have this incredible desire to not be alone and to hold close the people they have. I've gone through a lot of difficult friendships, being abandoned by people I thought were close when I was no longer needed.

I have no official diagnosis nor do I believe I could have depression, but Sayori's way of hiding how she truly feels is something extremely relatable. That smiling front she puts up is the most accurate facade of my own feelings. She just wants everyone to be happy, even if it means her being left behind. But she hates to see her friends go.

Monika has those obsessive compulsions but is just so tired of being lonely, surrounded by people she knows have no real cognition. I love her as a character even if the majority of the fandom villanise her. I can't help but relate to that desperation.

Doki Doki will always have a special place in my heart for its characters <3

Report Reply