« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

y2k School Clothes??

I have that pink y2k aesthetic(think Mean Girls) and since school is starting up again, does any1 have any tips for outfits?? A lot of the outfits I see w this aesthetic are very revealing and I wanna dress school appropriate so idk what to dooo :[

Also, does anybody know where I can get some cute school supplies for this aesthetic?

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by shishkaberry

posted

Google old Delia's catalogs, they were trendy but for teens so not too crazy revealing. Also the Alloy catalog. Maybe some old Seventeen mags from the time could help, think there's a bunch on Tumblr. 

Report Reply

Reply by weirdhouseplant

posted

Pink tracksuit combo

Report Reply

Reply by Iamthewalrus

posted

In England we just wore uniforms lol although we were the first gen (of girls) to wear trousers.

Y2K era (1998-2003): we wore tracksuits on non-uniform days. Or t-shirt and combat trousers. 1998-2000, we didn't have a uniform and if we weren't in tracksuits, we were in double denims with denim jackets & jeans.

McBling era (2004-2007): personally I went for jeans & designer t-shirt. Not sure that's very specific to the aesthetic though. People literally just risked the getting into trouble tbh but I'm not gonna advise that, even at the time I found it uncomfortable what some girls would wear. Boys carried on wearing trackies.

So your best bet is trackies. Velour trackies if you're wanting something girlier.

The specific designers I remember that I liked: A&F, DKNY.

Report Reply