« Back to the Motocross, Bike & Quad Riders Forum

Newcomer here :)

Hi! I've been looking all over for a forum like this lmao.

I don't exactly know much about bikes and I would love to learn a bit more. 
I'm interested in getting a dirtbike, but I don't know what's good and what's not. 
What's a good and cheap bike to start learning on? Also how do I know what cc would be best for me? 
Thanks for any help :)

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Apav

posted
updated

Hi and welcome! To keep it simple I'd say any of the main brands (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, ect.) won't stear you wrong (although everyone has their favorite). I usually buy used, there are some great deals from Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. Starting off 125cc is usually a pretty safe bet, not too weak, not too powerful. Kids under 13 usually start off under 90cc, but it's all really up to preference and the type of riding. 

I've never riden one but the Honda CRF125F looks nice and seems like it would be good well after the beginner stages.

Report Reply

Reply by B0ngwater

posted

I'm 15, 5'1 and weigh around 50kg (110 pounds).

I think I might do a fair bit of trail riding since we live in an area with a lot of trails. But track riding also seems fun. 
I live in Sweden, so I'm pretty sure that if I go above 50cc the law is that I need a light motorcycle license, which you can get at 16. Only exception is if I do strictly track riding. 
I'm getting a license for 50cc scooters and bikes, so maybe I should just get 50cc to start off with? 

Report Reply

Reply by Apav

posted

Oof sorry to hear about the restrictions. I'm not up on 50cc bikes, so I don't have any specific recommendations. However anything that gets you riding is a start =) 

Report Reply

Reply by B0ngwater

posted

That's okay :) thank you for your advice though :)

Report Reply