« Back to the Nirvana Fans Forum

what was the first song you listened to by nirvana??

mine was i know youre right and to this day that song is in my top 10!

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by punkboyellie<3

posted

mine was about a girl !!

Report Reply

Reply by Bri<3

posted

It was Smells Like Teen Spirit but that was before I truly listened to Nirvana, I was like 9 or 10 and I was with my aunt and uncle at the time spending the night and all of a sudden we just started listening to music from the 90s and early 2000s and my aunt played teen spirit and i enjoyed it but it wasnt until I was 11-12 I heard come as you are and then the nevermind album.

Report Reply

Reply by Rowansb!tch

posted

smells like teen spirit! probably because its so popular.

Report Reply

Reply by GhostyCure

posted

Lithium!!

Report Reply

Reply by Bignate

posted

Mine was about a girl,cause I was looking for easy guitar tutorials and that was one of the first ones to pop up.

Report Reply

Reply by GrundyPuppet

posted

idk i listen to them sinse i was very young! my dad is a realy big fan

Report Reply

Reply by -XxJOSHxX-

posted

I can't remember it was probably smells like teen spirit, i came across Nirvana on Musical.ly in 2018 but only became a real fan in 2020 when i bought Nevermind.

Report Reply

Reply by andrew

posted

i think it was very ape? i was listening to it on the radio while my dad was driving me to go get bug juice because it's delicious and we got a dog on the way home and i have no idea why. i named him ape bc of it. so cool so silly!

i spent the rest of that day listening to every nirvana song i could find. i was absolutely obsessed and completely enthralled w them

Report Reply

Reply by grey

posted

Reply by EXOYK

posted

i hate myself and wanna die!!

Report Reply

Reply by evolgrrrl

posted

come as you are ! i heard it in passing when i was little

Report Reply

Reply by June

posted

Mine was SLTS back in 2021 during that one tiktok trend, and then 3 months back my friend introduced me to more of their mainstream songs and then I fell in love with their entire discography

Report Reply

Reply by *.°•angie/🎸\salem•°.*

posted

either smells like teen spirit or smt in the way. AND YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT WAS ALMOST EVERYONES.

Report Reply

Reply by surfinbiird

posted

mine was heart shaped box. spotify recommended it me it when i didnt even listen to rock and i became obsessed with this song and then with nirvana. bahah,i remember it so vividly. it was magic.

Report Reply

Reply by surfinbiird

posted

mine was heart shaped box. spotify recommended it me it when i didnt even listen to rock and i became obsessed with this song and then with nirvana. bahah,i remember it so vividly. it was magic.

Report Reply

Reply by ✫❝salvador❞✫

posted

smells like teen spirit lol. thats their most successful song so thats prob why

Report Reply

Reply by cyra :3

posted

mine was also slts. i heard a clip of the song on a video in 2019 and thought “hey, that’s sounds good. but i’m not interested.” i’ve known about the band for a while but that was the first song ive actually listened to. my 2nd one was hsb and after that i started looking more into them. i’m a new-ish fan i guess. my mom was kinda the reason i got into them in the first place. i don’t regret a thing though. one of my favorite bands of all time <3

Report Reply