Why do y’all think it’s so hard in this lifestyle to

A.) Find a relationship and 
B.) A monogamous one at that??

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Rooy

posted

I get ya. It is quite difficult. Most people are looking to **enjoy** in the moment and then leave, just like that. But hey, just because the majority is like that, it doesn't mean that there won't be people that are looking for those deep connections. It is a matter of looking, or waiting! Patience is a virtue, after all. Sounds cliché and shit, but it's true.

Report Reply

Reply by King_bali247

posted

I agree that everyone not like but when you run into person after person who says one thing or does another and waste ppl time it’s an issue. I’m all about being upfront state ure true intentions so i can make an informed decision for myself. It just makes things very discouraging when ppl can’t be honest or play with time because the dating process is very taxing.

Report Reply

Reply by Rooy

posted

It's true, some people are simply assholes who don't want to be direct. That is why it's better in a way to say up front what you're looking for, so you don't have expectations over nothing, etc. It's better to not have expectations. That's pretty much it.

Report Reply

Reply by Deadass Nicolai

posted

potentially the accessibility of sex through apps. the thing that gave us accessibility to partners is the same thing that makes monogamy difficult, it seems. and men being....... men 

Report Reply

Reply by Leeto

posted

It is harder now to kind romance and people wanting relationships. Even though everything is "hook-up" culture now, if you remain patient, one day the right one will come along.

Report Reply

Reply by Kori

posted

Ive pretty much lost hope. I start thinking about wanting to be with somebody, but then i remember allthe shit about it that i hate and i remember why i like being single. It's still nice to think about, sleeping next to someone and feeling like somebody really cares about you. 

My last relationship was great, we had our differences, but after the first argument we really had,  we made up. The next day i feel a hunch to check grindr to see if he was on it and sure enough i found him. I called him and confronted him about it and he was all "im so sorry" and whatever. We tried to work it out for 3 months but it was never the same. We eventually broke up. 

Now everytime i even think about dating, all i can picture is that happening again. It really broke me more than i realized bc its been almost 2 years since and i still feel it. 

Monogamy? I think its dying. And I'm way too attached to just be in a poly relationship. The only way i could be in one of those is if i was just a side piece of sorts bc if i got attached to somebody i wouldnt be able to handle it. 

Report Reply

Reply by KG The Savage

posted

Yes and yes a lot of people are not ready for this life 

Report Reply

Reply by King_bali247

posted

All love all of your responses and I agree in this day and age everything is about unrealistic beauty standards, everything is sexualized, as well as it’s so accessible to get ure nut and go without putting in the work to get to know someone for who they are as a person.

Report Reply

Reply by King_bali247

posted

Yes once that trust is gone is hard to get that back and you or whoever broke that trust will have to put in that work to gain that back but it will never truly be like it once was.

Like I look at my life and where im at and it’s discouraging that I haven’t found my life partner, yes Im content with being with myself but there’s nothing like having someone to share things with create memories with grow old with etc.

Report Reply

Reply by Helios (he)

posted

Let's get to the root of the problem of how a lot of classic lgbtq culture in the United States is very steeped shame, trauma, violence, and addiction. Lgbtq people have a lot of generational healing to do to be able to have healthy sustainable relationships.

In USA history, we're not even a full 100 years away from a time where it was acceptable to openly mistreat lgbtq people. A lot of us have grown up with all different types of traumas. A lot of us still get disowned and don't talk to our families. A lot of this really wouldn't know a healthy relationship if it hit us upside the head.

Report Reply