« Books and Stories Forum

Found an old cringy comic of mine that I did as a kid

Yeah I found and thought it was bad but funny in a way.ย 

It was a short-lived comic about zombie apocalypse and I tried adding Roblox, Eddsworld, and Undertale into the formula since they were relevant back in 2017. (aswell as an attempt of a ship but its shit)

Have you guys ever made a cringy comic as a kid?

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by NosyCat

posted

Yep, a violent superhero story, based on a concept by my best friend at the time. That would have been in the mid-1990s, in high school. Luckily it never went on for more than a few pages, and is now lost. Probably around the house somewhere.

Report Reply

@NosyCat Honestly, I'm kinda glad that I still have the comic. I had another one where I tried recreating the entire Steamed Hams meme but in a comic format and I think I was close to finishing it but never did due to school, then I lost it.

I might consider posting the comic but it'll be pretty hard to read due to me trying to cramp in as much dialogue as I could in a bubble text but I can read it, just not from a distance.

Btw the comic only lasted for 4 episodes before quitting at the start of the 5th one.

Edit: Ok so the font isnt as bad as I thought would be but there is some questionable things that I did write without knowing as a kid.

Report Reply

Reply by NosyCat

posted

You did a lot better, sounds like!

Report Reply

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

I've gone back and forth on writing stories since I was a kid, most during my high school years. Several of them I'm rather embarrassed about, mostly due to terrible dialogue, bad story flow, that sort of thing.

Report Reply

Reply by Rat_Filled_Cabinet

posted

BAHAHA I HAD MADE SO MANY AS A KID-

My first one was about Donald duck, he was a pirate in a treasure hunt. I had another one with donald that was about him defeating a very dangerous giant snake. These were pages long, but I awould also make some silly af one page comics, I recenly found one about a toothbrush ssuperhero who saved the bathroom

Report Reply

Reply by doomy fantastic

posted

when i was 9 i made a story about an alien kid that accidentally destroyed her planet and moved to earth, things happen, and i was an edgy kid so she fails to save the earth from being destroyed by the other last remaining of her kind and everyone dies

Report Reply

Reply by Vex

posted

Oh man. Ooh man, a LOT of them. I had an entire series about a stylized guy with severed limbs surviving on a deserted island (basically castaway and minecraft combined, also it was my cousin's idea and I kind of copied it with my own character. We did "collab" at some point though haha). I also had comics about water buoys that went into space? And another one with the severed limb guy but a ripoff of narnia and also charlie and the chocolate factory. I was never exactly creative, lol. Also a very odd one that's barely comprehensible (I drew it with a yellow highlighter) about a dinosaur guy with 5 hands, one on his head. That one was without a doubt my best creation though because it got very meta very fast with some plotline of him breaking the time-space continuum and switching stories? (or maybe I'm braindead and remembered it completely wrong)

Report Reply

Reply by D4r1lCreeper

posted

i was ten and i drewย  a comic about my OC Ventia (not genshin impact i even didnt know about Venti) who was an 16 years old albino and she was bullied by her classmates (like me then). Her classmateย gouged out her eye and then bf her classmate was gonna calm down Ventia then they have met

Report Reply

Reply by Iddex :D

posted

ok, i think this is a little late to write this but, yeah

I made a comic about a blue hooded guy who fight zombies aside his friend group

the guy was wearing 2 katanas

Report Reply