« SpaceHey Forum

The bot problem is out of control

Posted by EngiQu33ring

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

Over the past week, the number of bots has gone from ignorable to completely out of control. The recents section in blogs is unusable this morning because of all the rapid posting from a handful of bot accounts and it’s only a matter of time before they start leveraging the kudos system to knock posts off the popular section as well. In some forums, new posts from bots outnumber new posts from actual users.

I know part of the reason a lot of people like SpaceHey because of the sense of freedom it provides, but we need some kind of cleanup/maintenance team to remove these threads as they appear.

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Positron832

posted

I agree that this is a growing problem. It looks like the forums have been somewhat cleaned though.

Report Reply

Reply by ✯ emmaline ✯

posted

Agreed. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jenga ★ミ

posted

Coming in after seeing myspace and as a result spacehey trending #5 on twitter in the US and yeah... this is about what I expected going in. I figure now though their concern is just keeping the servers functioning but there's such a high volume of bots now more than ever

Report Reply

Reply by LEMONLIME TWIST

posted

Yeah I agree it's definitely becoming a problem. So far most of them seem to be coming from India and Thailand. 

Report Reply

Reply by Melrose

posted

Working with An to locate and clear out the bots and their content spam is the hardest thing right now since everythings so spread out on the site map. I'd recommend if you spot a bot account posting nonsense, please report it as a bot and their posts. It really helps An out with managing things here.

Report Reply