« Music Forum

Who is killing it in the hip hop game currently? [closed]

Posted by TJ Vegas

posted

Forum: Music

I've been listening to ALOT of Tobe Nwigwe  and a bunch of local NH rappers like Sketch and OB Wan.

Who is killing it currently?

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Introvert

posted

Aesop Rock and Sadistik have been knocking it out of the park with their most recent releases. 

Report Reply

Reply by Introvert

posted

Aesop Rock and Sadistik have been knocking it out of the park with their most recent releases. 

Report Reply

Reply by 'tine Idol

posted

Reply by Kei Swift

posted

M.C. K~Swift is on a mission. Check out his latest stuff at www.mckswift.com

Report Reply

Reply by Kris Blaze!

posted

I think Marlon Craft is pretty fire 

Report Reply

Reply by Carlos Jr. Martinez

posted

My boy Freddie Gibbs cmon. 2019 and 2020. Bandana and Alfredo. AOTY contender for Rap.

Report Reply

Reply by Cashlin

posted

everytime i hear something new from kool keith it is pretty solid to me. and the dudes who collab with him in the modern era like sharkula and dane uno seems pretty solid. as i get older i get more bored with rap in general and i guess you have to have an interesting style. lately ive been more and more drawn back to the early stuff like kurtis blow. just like damn, i know being an oldhead has a lot of reasons that its not great to do, but still, there were aspects to the style of some of the original legit hip hop work that im not sure can be touched yet. but then on the other hand, i hear some rae sremmurd, im like yeah, new stuff on the radio is really great too and i could dance to it and get hype to it. 

i heard a kind of recent release from mc frontalot and i was like. dudes still got it. and even does some pretty cool stuff that is maybe better than his older releases when he was gaining notoriety. i guess im not the best opinion on it nowadays but i think its a decent perspective based on what ive seen.

i also think a lot of independent artists are doin really great stuff nowadays and its a shame that theres not a great way for people to get paid fairly for streams etc.

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless 🤘🇵🇷

posted

Lex The Hex Master, RA The Rugged Man and a couple of others.

P.S: Waiting for the HRSMN (Canibus, Kurupt, Killah Priest, Ras Kass) album to drop in September and I'm also waiting for Immortal Technique to release the Middle of the Passage album! 

Report Reply

Reply by Rhubarb

posted

Ocean Wisdom

Lunar C
Dead Players
Chester P
Avalino

Report Reply

Reply by Justin

posted
updated

Reply by Justin

posted

It wouldn't be a MySpace throwback without a shameless plug. lmao

Also fuckin with Tobe. Freddie Gibbs, too.

Anyone fuck with Big KRIT?

Report Reply

TJ Vegas closed this Forum Topic

Reply by D.J. Stout

posted

Shit at the moment Lil Durk is fucking the industry up.

Report Reply