« Back to the trading card games Forum

bakugon Holo Sector Point format (HSP format)

this blog will be referred to often and should be read first to understand terms and set up of blog structure - https://forum.spacehey.com/topic?id=85411

the HSP format is and official format that actual made me want to make these there are some unofficial formats i want to help players understand as well but eitherway the holo sector point format (or HSP format for short) is the 1st official bakugon format and believe it or not 1 that i was not aware of till looking up bakugon formats the reason for this is that the format was extremally short lived (for good reason) and was almost immediately changed to the brawlers format as soon as the anime began (although funny enough these old manuals still have characters from the show meaning this was a last minute format change) it took me a bit to find how to play and the best guide i found was this old manual for the format that someone scanned

however i'm still going to write a guide to hopefully make more sense and how cards from this format relate to later formats cuz as you may have noticed by the end of season 2 and on the anime actually started tracking HSP despite being the brawlers format that was played in the anime or some off shoot of it anyways (maybe i should make a battle brawlers anime format blog) this is becuase HSP can show up in card effects however in battle brawlers format it's otherwise a useless stat outside of some card effects this format is actually built around the stat thus why it's named after it

format type-

legacy 2 or 4 players

deck-

this is where things get iffy for me cuz this format is less restrictive than battle brawlers but then it's got some odd rules as well and 1 in particular that actually is more restrictive so to start this format your deck will still be 3 bakugon you will have a deck of gate cards (which like battle brawlers format can be looked at and played from at any time) the deck of gate cards has no rules on what can be placed in it or even how many cards may be in the deck however players must agree on gate card deck size and have the same size deck therefor it'll be easiest that deck size be the same as the player with the least amount of gate cards all players with more must randomly remove from play cards in their gate card deck (which will be referred to simply as the deck in this format and you'll soon know why) until their deck size matches that of the player with the least amount of gate cards and finally we have ability cards there are 2 types of ability cards in this format battle (cards that boost or debuff bakugon during battle) which you may have 3 of and special (cards that do not display attribute buffs debuffs) which you may only have 1 of you read that right you may only have 1 of these

hand/set up-

so just like battle brawlers you don't really have a hand so to say since you may play all of your ability cards and gate cards (acording to the rules and how the cards say) at anytime just like battle brawlers you will have your deck and a used pile when the game starts all players set a gate card if 2 players the cards are set adjacent to eachother if 4 players the cards must be set in a square remember all cards must be touching the only way to break this rule is to remove surrounding cards through battles

win condition(s)-

so the win condition of this game is rather easy the player with the highest HSP at the end of the game is the winner (the game is played till all gate cards are used up or no players have bakugon they may roll left)

gameplay

gameplay is exzactly the same as battle brawlers captured gate cards go into the used pile of the player that won that gate card if there are no gate cards left in all players deck if there is no gatecard on the field or if no players have bakugon they can roll onto a gatecard the game immediately ends and players count their HSP (or if you where smart keep track of HSP and take a look at it at the end) if players are tied the game goes into sudden fury in sudden fury the last gatecard played or a gatecard on the field is flipped face up (i'm not sure why it doesn't really make any sense) all players take back their bakugon if they need to and all players roll their bakugon onto the gate card at the same time the first bakugon to stand wins and the game goes to that player note just like in battle brawlers if all of your bakugon are used up they are closed and returned to the unused pile the only way a player may not have bakugon to roll is if all their bakugon are on different gate cards

how is HSP scored?-

so HSP is the mechanic this game is built around it's how you win after all so you better know how to score it so how do you score this? well in this format cards with HSP value on them when won will grant you that much HSP you also get 100 HSP for each bakugon on that card so newer gate cards that do not have an HSP value should be treated as HSP value of 0 due to the fact that each gate card at minimum will always grant a minimum of 200 HSP due to the bakugon themselves (alternatively if you only track at the end you can not score bakugon all unvalued gate cards will be 200HSP unless in a different format where they remain a value of 0HSP if counted this way just know that occasionally a situation will come up where each player will have to check their HSP before the end of the game)

and that's how this format is played personally i feel an unofficial format could use this as a basis and make HSP a win con but currently this is the only format i'm aware of that does that i can see why this format had such a short life span most of my issues with the format come from the deck building portion of it cuz while it is less restrictive theres still too many problems with it like the deck size yugioh was forced to put a deck size limit in their game how did hasbro (i believe they're the ones responsible for bakugon i could be wrong) not think the same thing might come up with bakugon and only 1 non battle ability card? that seems weird to me especially considering cards like axellor which grants +100G/B power for every ability card your opponent plays existing

Report Topic

0 Replies