« Back to the LGBTQ+ Scene Forum

Pronouns??

Hello! Recently I’ve been trying to figure out my pronouns and it’s been kind of tough. I know what I don’t want (he/him) but I’m not so sure about the rest. Any advice or pronoun suggestions? How did you know your pronouns were right for you?

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Swiftpaw

posted

While they aren't for everyone, I picked it/its because of a way of embracing my nonhumanity and because they felt more comfortable to me. With pronouns it's really a matter of trying them on to see what works. The Pronoun Dressing Room is good for that, and I'll also add there's nothing wrong with making your own pronouns or "homebrew pronouns" as I've seen them called. You can also use multiple types of pronouns if you prefer.

Report Reply

Reply by xXsk8rboiXx

posted

You could try getting your friends to use some pronouns on you for a period of time, and see how you like or dislike it after awhile! <3

Report Reply

Reply by sheon love bot ♡

posted

i just kinda pick out random ones then i try to find whst suits me the best 

Report Reply

Reply by Malen

posted

I tried going by any pronouns or she/he/they for a bit to see which one's I liked and that helped me a bit

And I also tried making fake scenarios in my head where people would use different pronouns on me and that helped me a lot.

(My pronouns are He/They/It!)

Report Reply

Reply by The smelly rat under your bed

posted

She/they but I'm scared to admit it to people irl

Report Reply

Reply by gRiFfYn

posted

I personally am a she/her turned they/them. I kinda hated the sterotypes that people put me in as a female. because I didn't want to be a girl. because I didn't want to have to fit into that 'girl box'. u can experiment! i was he/they for a while, but it didn't feel quite right. i was lucky to be around people that accepted me, tho. love to all of those people struggling with bullying/any kind of LGBTQIA-phobia (I love u, u are wanted, u are awesome!! :3). SO yeah, u can experiment!!!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by 🍓𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧💥

posted

haii!! my pronounz r

bug/bugz/bugzelf

it/itz/itzelf

Report Reply