« Back to the SpaceHey Forum

Revisiting Group Ideas - Why Groups need to become the central focus of SpaceHey

Posted by heath

posted
updated

Forum: SpaceHey Group

A few months ago I made some suggestions as to what could make groups a whole lot better and more interactive. I know that groups could become a huge, active part of SpaceHey, but we need the tools for it. 
People come to SpaceHey for the customization and nostalgia, but they will stay for the interaction if it's there.

Things that we need to make groups a more viable, active part of SpaceHey and keep people coming back.

group blasts - the owner of a group has the ability to send out a "group blast" - a message to everyone in the group. this can have anything from links to new threads to updates about the group. This will make groups MUCH more central and interactive!

group polls - everyone loves polls!

locking threads - groups mods should have the ability to lock threads so no one can post on them.

a chatroom for each group for members only - this would be huge. each group having their own chat room for instant communication. this could really make groups attractive for long term use.

replies - To make group threads more interactive we need the ability to reply to what people say. when someone leaves a comment on a thread, we should have the ability to hit "reply" and comment on that person's comment. like bulletins do. Threads on Groups needs a huge update that allows for actual, smooth conversation. 

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Miscellanity

posted

I like theses ideas! Hopefully they become true 

Report Reply

Reply by Didrick

posted

These are all great ideas that would for sure make groups more interactive. Let's hope An sees this thread and takes the ideas into consideration or hope he's got something similar planned for the groups.

Report Reply

Reply by Joseph Daly

posted

Yeah these are great ideas, honestly didn't notice at first that you couldn't reply to someones comment, a little weird? Might have been an oversight in the groups original creation?

Report Reply

Reply by Lord Byron Silverhand

posted

Definitely! These suggestions could be adapted to the Forums section, too! 

Report Reply