« Back to the 420cuties Forum

Expanding on cannabis knowledge-how did you learn about this stuff?

Posted by GloomyBear420

posted
updated

Forum: 420cuties Group

While I doubt the existence of weed was something you were enlightened to in recent years, I am wondering where some of yall were able to enrich your knowledge of cannabis and anything related to it. 
was it through experience that you grew over time yourself? Was it a crazy night of googling everything you could and lurking in r/trees? did you have a friend or a lover that showed you the ways? 

and furthermore, I'm really curious if any of you have a more formal cannabis education such as a college class, budtender training, perhaps a seminar or event, or even growing yourself. I've actually been looking through the course material of a cannabis class available for free on coursera, from I think the university of boulder? it's really interesting to learn not only the long and robust history of usage but exactly how and where THC and CBD affect the body and mind. theres a lot of great stuff this can be used to help in the future if we can just better study it! 

It's okay if you don't have college level understanding of psychoactive substances, but maybe someone reading this topic can find new ways to further their knowledge and understanding of something that brings so much joy! And I would love if yall could help others learn some interesting stuff :)

also post any weed fun facts you might have <3

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by shishkaberry

posted

Honestly, way too much from High Times mags lmfao. My journey started in the late 90s so there wasn't too much around on the web, not that I could find anyway. I was the kid that asked the librarian for books about "mushrooms" The day I found erowid I couldn't believe what I was seeing, a world of people talking about drugs openly without fear! There were 2 other mags - Skunk and Heads - Skunk is still barely clinging to life the last I checked, Heads runs an insta but doesn't publish anymore. 

I never took a cannabis course but my brain probably contains all the knowledge of one from over the years lol. I didn't grow any for myself for a long time because of the living situation, but I helped everyone I knew with their babies. I finally have one of my own this year and she's growing like crazy 💚 I might have to check out that course you mentioned though, sounds cool.

My weed fun fact is that my province is the birthplace of cannabis in Canada! We smoke more weed than any other province per capita. 

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-culture/weed-history-nova-scotia-is-the-birthplace-of-cannabis-in-canada

Report Reply

Reply by DennisOrozco

posted

Hi there. Time to bring this old thread back to life. Actually, I'm here to ask you to share your experience with CBD oil. My sister has recently started taking it to improve her sleep. I'm just curious to see how it ends up. So, what about you?

Report Reply

Reply by EmilianoMorton

posted
updated

Hey there. I'm new on this forum, but I'm happy to share my experience with CBD oil. I've been using it for a few months now and it's been a game-changer for me. I suffer from anxiety and I've tried everything under the sun to manage it. But nothing worked as well as CBD oil. It's helped me relax and stay calm throughout the day. As for the best hemp CBD oils, I've tried a few different brands and I have to say that I'm a big fan of Charlotte's Web. They have a great selection of products and their customer service is top-notch. I also like that they use organic hemp and their products are third-party tested for purity and potency. But of course, everyone's experience is different, so I suggest doing your own research and finding what works best for you. And keep in mind that CBD oil is not a cure-all, but it can definitely help improve your quality of life. Hope this helps!

Report Reply

Reply by nathandiaz

posted

I personally gained a lot of my knowledge about cannabis through a combination of personal experience, conversations with friends who were more knowledgeable, and yes, plenty of late-night deep dives into online forums like on reddit  r/trees. 

I did tried free things on Coursera but they don't give the actual recipe! So I end up joining Budtender Training by Learn Brands it helped me a lot on my skill for jobs not just jobs the also trained me for dispensary business thanks to them. Now I'm employed at dispensary after some year im going to start my own dispensary

Report Reply