« Art and Photography Forum

art challenge time! (for all artists)

Posted by Besto

posted

Forum: Art and Photography

One of my friends proposed an idea to me, a wannabe comic artist: what if you try making a comic page or a full short comic per week?

And I think this can apply to other art mediums as well? Try writing a short story in a week. Try taking a set of photos per week. Try making a music track per week. it doesn’t have to turn out perfect: in fact, it realistically won’t be very good at first because it’s done super quickly! Perhaps quicker than what you’re already used to! But mastery of the mind and of the skill comes with experience I think. The point of the challenge is to have fun in the end so if it stops being fun or becomes too pressuring feel free to just not make it anymore!

Another thing we were thinking is that we need to stop fueling creative ideas with the basis of what would make them successful on the internet. I think we need to let go of the idea that our work is valuable based on how many numbers it gets. Community building is important, but social media keeps pulling that idea further away from us with its quick consumption of artworks.

If you’re interested in this challenge, go ahead! You don’t have to post your creations if you don’t wanna, but if you’d like to share what you do, feel free to do so in this forum thread <3

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by En

posted

Hiiii hello here’s what I’m working on this week

And last week’s weekly comic can be found HERE.
I can’t wait to see everyone’s stuff!

Report Reply