« Sports Forum

All Things Hockey

Posted by patplaysguitar

posted

Forum: Sports

How do we feel about this upcoming season? 

Which teams and players do you think will really shine this year?

Report Topic

18 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by patplaysguitar

posted

Rebuilding is always exciting! My Bruins have been going through it for the past few years and it has been thrilling to see them doing so well with all of the changes. I feel like we would have had a great cup run if the shutdown didn’t happen- Boston teams always thrive off of their fans, so the momentum was gone by the time they began the bubble :(

Do you have a favorite player?

Report Reply

Reply by Lord Byron Silverhand

posted

Maaaaaan I freakin' love hockey. Been a huge Caps fan since the mid-90s. I was sooooooo excited when they finally won the Cup three years ago. But yeah, really looking forward to this season even though I doubt I'll have time to sit and watch the games. Always glad to talk to fellow hockey fans! 

Report Reply

Reply by Sean Dowker

posted

Tampa. How can you bet against them. 

Report Reply

Reply by Stephii

posted

when Chara went to the caps I actually cried. I always, and still do, look up to his leadership on and off the ice. however, the changes on the Bruins are proving to be a promising step. 

Report Reply

Reply by Christian GoatCheese

posted

I have been a die hard Lightning fan since a little before 2004. I am hopeful for a repeat, but I’m just not sure especially since Stamkos can never seem to stay not injured.

Report Reply

Reply by Brian Palmer

posted

I knew this was going to be a down year for my Sharks and honestly things are going about as I expected they would. Looks like we have a rebuild in front of us. Am hopeful that my forthcoming team #2 (Seattle Kraken) will take one of our bloated contracts off our hands in the expansion draft (most likely Brent Burns) so we can get back some roster flexibility.

Report Reply

Reply by cozymetalmoon

posted

Tampa fan here! Hedman is my fav player. Hoping for another successful season 🤘🏻

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

go Vegas Golden Knights! 

Report Reply

Reply by Agito

posted

My Favorite TeamBoston BruinsMy favorite Team

Report Reply

Reply by 𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖝

posted

Ever since the draft I feel so dirty saying the Habs are my team even though they are and I love my three sons: Suzuki, Caufield and Kotkaniemi.

Report Reply

Reply by bot

posted

Coyotes fan checking in! (Bruins too but we have a lot of support in this thread already lol)

the Coyotes are in their own stratosphere and i won't even try to be upset at how bad they're doing lmao. im just gonna let them do their thing as they trek the hockey universe to find whatever it is they're searching for.

a couple promising players in the pipeline, hopefully they get good draft position this year. they're getting kicked out of their arena at the end of this year though, so it looks like they'll have to play at an old arena in Phoenix for a little while before they build their new rink.

Report Reply

Reply by soloninja

posted

Let go Seattle Kraken !! woot woot 

Report Reply

Reply by Rooster1975

posted

Let's go Blues!

Report Reply

Reply by aces

posted

i'm a devils fan and i love them, i really do. i do, however, miss feeling happy. they play reasonably well soooometimes but they just got absolutely demolished by the canucks and i seriously cannot take that blow to my ego.

Report Reply

Reply by Ramm

posted

I don't follow the NHL much, but the one thing that would get my excitement up would be seeing Liam Kirk, only the third British NHL player in history, make his debut for the Arizona Coyotes. He's currently with the Tucson Roadrunners in the AHL and hasn't yet made an appearance for the parent team.

Report Reply

Reply by Daniel Holt

posted

UK based Caps fan here. Been into the sport since 07/08 when I randomly stumbled upon the channel that aired NHL in the UK after I finished work at 5am; I've been hooked since.

Report Reply

Reply by i am the real nepeta

posted

GO KINGS!!!

Report Reply

Reply by PensFan58

posted

Been a fan of the Penguins since their envy days in 2016 and 2017. The team has stuck with me since.

Report Reply