« Helping each other Forum

Layout Codes

I want to create my own layout, but I need some help because I don't know a lot about coding. If someone can dm me or post a comment about how to code certain features, I would really appreciate it! I mostly want to find the codes to make sections of your layout transparent and how to have a custom cursor (i'm not sure if that makes sense)... 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Dan Morose

posted

Transparency: 

<style>
body {
background-color: transparent;
}
</style>

Part of styling is you have to select the specific part of the page you want to change. It's actually super easy, you just have to find out the name of the elements.

If you have Chrome or Firefox you can open Developer Tools (in the options menu, or Google how to find it). Then after it's open, in the bottom left corner you'll see an image of a arrow hovering over a square. Click that, and then when you hover over an element it will tell you the name. That's the name you'll use to change that part of the page. So if you hover over the contact box, for example, you'll find that it says ".contact". So if you wanted to make that background transparent it would look like this: 

<style>
.contact {
background-color: transparent;
}
</style>

and so on for each element you want to change.

Cursor:

<style>
body {
cursor: xxx;
}
</style>

Before I get fully into cursor, let me continue on my last point. Do you see where it says "body"? That's me selecting the part of the page called "body" (which in this case is the WHOLE page). So it's saying, "no matter where the mouse is on the page, I want this cursor to appear!".

So you'll want to replace the 'xxx' with whichever one you pick. For example, if I want the pointing finger, it would look like this: 

<style>
body {
cursor: pointer;
}
</style>

Hope that helps!

Report Reply