« Food and Restaurants Forum

Healthy snacks?

How do you deal with the sudden craving of salt?

I want to chow down on something crunchy and salty but all the options seem not all that compatible with a carbohydrate-mindful diet. Do you have any low-carb go-to's?

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Millie

posted

from what i'm reading, apparently pickles are actually very low in calories overall, i'd imagine most pickled vegetables will do quite nicely, i'll see what else i can think of

Report Reply

Reply by Millie

posted

black olives, roasted nuts, pork rinds, maybe hard boiled eggs marinaded in soy sauce, mini omelettes, should all be relatively salty and low in calories

Report Reply

Reply by Taylor Sinclaire

posted

I love pickles, but sometimes the acidity can be overwhelming.

Report Reply

Reply by Millie

posted

if you can get it, halloumi cheese or mozzarella should be pretty high in protein and calcium, nice and salty, and low in calories generally

Report Reply

Reply by Angela Quinton

posted

I still have an affinity for pork rinds from my keto days, although the saltiness is pretty intense, and it's quite high in unhealthy fats. A little can go a long way, though, if you're looking to curb snack cravings. I also eat a lot of salted roasted almonds, salted peanut butter, aged cheddar, feta or goat cheese (especially on cucumber or salads), and... well... the crunchy green bones we know and love, none other than the famous vegetable of celery? Put a dash of salt on that. It's weird but it works!

Report Reply

Reply by Nexus_Retrograde

posted

What I use to cut down on cravings and not starve to death is rice cakes. Especially caramel and strawberry flavored ones. They’re very healthy, low carb and high pro

Report Reply

Reply by Föxxyy!

posted

Plantain chips, they’re crunchy and savory like potato chips almost but it’s from a plantain but fried or baked.

Report Reply

Reply by mikeyd

posted

uhhhh popchips sour cream and chive flavour

Report Reply

Reply by Alvina23

posted

I like fried snacks

Report Reply