« Games Forum

How do you prefer to play Minecraft?

Posted by Edgar Allan Hoe

posted

Forum: Games

Is there really any objective way to play the game? You can approach it at so many different angles, the main world I'm playing on right now was made about a year ago and I only killed the ender dragon a few weeks ago because the rest of the time spent on that world was spent on expanding a village into a city with breath-taking monuments at every turn, all built on survival.

Then there's my best friend who makes bedrock farms (somehow) in survival and hunts achievements (or trophies, so you pl*ystation players understand) and never really bothers building.

So how do you like to play MC?

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ifelse95

posted

i usually like to play minecraft modded. i mostly play creative. my current creative world is a city filled with random buildings ive decided to come up with, plus a large park. said park has nature, a playground, a picnic area, and a pool. 

sometimes i'll play survival if the mood hits me, but it also needs to be modded because honestly i suck and that's okay. in my current survival world, i mostly like to explore and collect items. i have a small house that gets the job done along with a chicken coop with two chickens, named PS Vita Model 1000 and Xbox Series X. i also grow peaches, oranges, and recently started growing apples. 

Report Reply

Reply by Eremzza

posted

I usually play w/ my sister and her friends. I build her a house, she supplies materials, after that i tend to make huge farms (no redstone b/c idk how to use it lol). other than that i pick flowers in the game and fill up way too many chests w/ them.

Report Reply

Reply by jontribs

posted

with friends of course, but I build and play casually. mostly just interact with friends. (we use proxy chat)

Report Reply

Reply by Crant

posted

I really only enjoy playing modded minecraft now adays. I tend to focus on building cool houses/sculptures. I really just play for the design aspect of it!

Report Reply

Reply by Stardawg

posted
updated

I play a lot of survival mode and multiplayer with my friends on Java edition. We have a server for our Discord. As for whether there is an "objective" way to play, Minecraft really has no right or wrong way to play it. If you just want to build, there's Creative. If you want a challenge, there's Survival. Want to play online? There's multiplayer servers in Java edition (Bedrock has them too but its much more limited) with various gamemodes and plugins to change up the gameplay. Don't like how the game is? Good news, its fully moddable so you can make it quite literally whatever you want. Like the trailer says, "This adventure is up to you."

Report Reply

Reply by Ms Myspace

posted

At 4fps because I can't afford a better graphics card

Report Reply

Reply by viOLeT

posted

I build stuff and mine. Like I've never killed the ender dragon, i usually spend most of my time building my house and pretty farms and animal pens. I also sometimes explore to find different kinds of wood but never much. I mine a lot tho (mostly to ge coal and cobblestone for my roof)

Report Reply

Reply by Greg

posted

I like playing survival. I’ve been playing on a survival world for the last few months now in my free time. I’m mainly just farming and mining while I work on landscaping and building a wall around the village I spawned by. Hoping to build a castle near by, but I haven’t found a design I want to use yet. 

Report Reply

Reply by Abacas

posted

Well, for starters, unless I'm playing with my not-so-computer-savvy-in-my-way friends, I will not play any version of modern Minecraft. For Pocket Edition (this is how I refer to "bedrock edition", because it was that and then they ported it to every god damn thing) I avoid any version past the better together update, because they changed the "classic" UI. For Java Edition, I avoid anything past 1.12.2. For the Pocket edition side of things, I actually don't need to use it anymore, as Pojav Launcher exists, so for both phone and computer usage of Minecraft I have settled around 1.5.2 for my main version that I play. I have been dipping into alpha 1.2.6 lately, so there is that, but generally my regular stuff is in 1.5.2.

Now that we have WHAT minecraft I play out of the way, I'll talk about HOW I play Minecraft. I've only ever beaten the Ender Dragon once in my life (in 1.0 btw) and I don't know if I ever will again. I prefer to build stuff and mine mostly.

Report Reply