« Back to the mcr fans!!!! Forum

Fav MCR song and why?

just pour ur heart out abt which one u love the most and why?

Mine atm is Early sunsets over Monroeville
its just so sad and the story behind it about it being during a zombie apocalypse and one of the lovers is bitten and the other lover has to kill them to save everyone else is heartbreaking.

Report Topic

106 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by x.poisonrationality.x

posted

mine is probably party poison because it was one of the first mcr songs i listened to and its still really good :]

Report Reply

Reply by cannibalistix ㅇㅅㅇ

posted

!!TW: lyrics that mention suicide

i really luv headfirst for halos because of these lyrics:

"and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling
and as the fragments of my skull begin to fall,
 fall on your tongue like pixie dust" 

and i luv desert song cuz of how emotional and dark the lyrics are and the sound of it :)

Report Reply

Reply by rock3xdrp4xs

posted
updated

have a lot lol but I really love Helena bc is one of the mcr I listen to or maybe The jetset life is gonna kill you

Report Reply

Reply by NIKITA

posted

my top 3 favorites 

early sunsets over monroeville: lyrics  and melody and whole song is the best 
I'm not okay: frist song by mcr i have ever heard, best music video ever made, you can feel it when you are sad or angry or happy or literally every mood 
headfirst for halos because of lyrics 

Report Reply

Reply by kit

posted

my all time fav has GOT 2 b headfirst for halos, first time i heard it was beautiful + at this stage the songs been thru shit w/ me. its an amazing song too, i luv the live version

Report Reply

Reply by charlie !! ☆

posted

IM A BIG SUCKER FOR SUMMERTIME TBH !!!! its very silly and not the kind of song you think of when u think of mcr but its very near n dear to my heart!! i also adore na na na (first mcr song i ever listened to) and fashion statement (idk it just bangs) :3

Report Reply

Reply by V3MP17E

posted

i don't really have a fave song but my fave album is bullets. i love it because of how emotional the lyrics are on it. i also love the story to that album.

Report Reply

Reply by Chlo!

posted

I love cemetery drive because in my opinion its a beautiful song and it makes me sob!!

I also love thank you for the venom because its a bop, I also cried when i heard it live!

Report Reply

Reply by Remmy

posted

demolition lovers for sure. ray at the start of the song sounds so beautiful the guitar is heaven to my ears. the drums are just perfection and the bassline is just so fun to play. how gerard delivers his vocals is truly amazing they really know how to put emotion into songs ykwim? its the perfect crysong and a stunning way to end such an emotional album, i couldnt think of anything more perfect.

Report Reply

Reply by Matilda (///_-)

posted

gotta be cemetery drive, so much emotion 

Report Reply

Reply by Matilda (///_-)

posted

gotta be cemetery drive, so much emotion 

Report Reply

Reply by s0_lazt_summ3r

posted
updated

this is how i disappear. Gerards vocals are heavenly near the end of the song, or prison (i rly like the weird record scratch noise thing at the start of verse 2)

Report Reply

Reply by maddie

posted

prolly foundations of decay because its so groovy and i love the way he says relic hehe xp

or any song from bullets bc i just love how everyone of the songs are <3 

Report Reply

Reply by maddie

posted

prolly foundations of decay because its so groovy and i love the way he says relic hehe xp

or any song from bullets bc i just love how everyone of the songs are <3 

Report Reply

Reply by xXVaqueraVampyreXx

posted

Rn it's probably Vampires Will Never Hurt You and I have no explanation it's just vibey yk

Report Reply

Reply by headfirst4halos

posted

maybe prison.. its so good and its a great part of the story 4 three cheers

that moment when you go 2 prison for murder and realize ur gay and then break out w all ur freinds.... 

Report Reply

Reply by xeroZombie

posted

Give em' hell kid always has a special place in my heart <3 the song means so much to me for various reasons but the most prominent is because it reminds me of life on the murder scene !! That documentary is everything!!

Report Reply

Reply by Cosmo's Corner

posted

(I'm relatively new to their music) I feel like a 'fake fan' for saying this but, Welcome to the Black Parade. It was the first of their songs that I listened to.

Report Reply

Reply by vaGinax

posted

Definitely "This is the best day ever"

It just comforts me so much, makes me feel like there's always a way out

Report Reply

Reply by Lori

posted

Thank you for the venom (I like the guitar solo and it‘s just a great song) Destroya (no explanation needed…) honey this mirror…(best song of bullets) 

Report Reply

Reply by autumnaub

posted

oooo ive really love demolition lovers. it just feels so raw and vulnerable which is what makes it so beautiful. I feel like that's really what makes bullets so special. they were just a bunch of kids screaming into mics not knowing what the fuck they were doing and I love it so much.

Report Reply

Reply by maz

posted

PLANETARY GO !!! i saw it in concert last night and oh m gawwwww. its such a danceable song i love it

Report Reply

Reply by hunter

posted

DROWNING LESSONS. it's just so good and so cute and idk...  

Report Reply

Reply by t3ch_savvy

posted

i can't choose one so here's my top 5: (no particular order btw)

1: my way home is through you. it's sooo underrated and is so chaotic and screechy love it sm

2: early sunsets over monroeville. i love the plot behind the song and it's so sad and the isolated vocals at the end break my heart every time

3: hang 'em high. i love everything about this song. there's something about gerard's voice in it that is so deranged and i adore it frfr

4: desert song. this song hits so hard for me and has helped me through so much. also listening isn't enough anymore i need to hug gerard

5: summertime. this song is very relatable and has also helped me through things so that's swag

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

i just like the guitar and the drums and the lyrics

Report Reply

Reply by xXxPr1sc1llaP3rjuryxXx

posted

Definitely Helena, most nostalgic song in my life, I remember singing it as a toddler with my sister who was a teen at the time. Good timwa

Report Reply

Reply by allister

posted

mama because its basically the transmasc anthem

Report Reply

Reply by lover

posted

Well... 

-- Desert Song

The lyrics hit so hard, and the story behind it almost makes the song mystical in a way. I really like songs where Gerard really plays with his voice. Going from high to low, bringing with the listener extreme disparity. In addition, the rawness of the recording really scratches my brain. I hate when music is overmixed, it pisses me off and many newer emo albums fall victim to this. Desert song is just a GREAT example of an intense "softer" song from a rock band.. 

-- Thank You For The Venom

Just totally insane and amazing. One of the best melodies in Revenge ( in my opinion ) and it just makes me wanna dance so bad. I wanna hop around and scream it at the top of my lungs. The fact that the song was conceptualized before MCR got famous really attributes to it's meaning too. My Chemical Romance, shortly after Revenge, literally became the face of the NJ rock scene. 

-- My Way Home Is Through You

Honestly, just a fun song. It makes me want to dance, it also really makes me think of Danger Days and the conventional weapons albums. I think it was the mark of a shift in MCRs sound that would reshape it. I love it A LOT.

( Honorable mention is: Emily -- Rough Mix )

Report Reply

Reply by xX3cheers4BellaXx

posted

I love every mcr song but Drowning lessons is my fav. I think the lyrics r awesome and so is everything else. The way it inspired the plot for three cheers (I think) is cool. Sucks that they cant play it live

Report Reply

Reply by 유나

posted

prison. im literally so in love with gerards vocals throughout the whole song, the lyrics and beat r catchy as hell, the story is literally slay as all hell, and its REALLY fun to sing, my family and friends probably hate it cause im fuckin addicted to singing, humming, tapping and like, idk, just performing it XD this song is pretty important to revenges story, and im an absolute sucker for lore-

Report Reply

Reply by Vamppity

posted

The end., famous last words, the jetset life is gonna kill you.

I like these songs because I relate to them a lot, especially 'the jetset life is gonna kill' you because it is about Gerards' struggles with drugs and alcohol and I can relate to that as someone currently struggling with it.

Report Reply

Reply by marlow

posted

idc if ppl say im basic welcome to the black parade!! literally one of my favorite songs just bc of all the meaning to it and the whole album and its backstory. also the first key is iconic and its just genuinely a good song

also maybe a tie between you know what they do to guys like us in prison and the ghost of you. or cancer. so many good songs :-3

Report Reply

Reply by XxblackmariahxX

posted

i mean its really hard to pick tbh but rn i love party poison, planetary go and you know what they do to guys like us in prison. foundations is really fucking good too

Report Reply

Reply by Ryan

posted

Its between The sharpest lives or Cemetery drive. They're both so good. Oh and This is how i disappear. My ears are blessed when i listen to them.

Report Reply

Reply by 🥛Isabella🥛

posted

famous last words bc i just have a attachment to it

Report Reply

Reply by charlie

posted

House Of Wolves!! that song is just such a vibe, ive been attached to it since the first time i heard it. i love the lyrics too, theyre so interesting

Report Reply

Reply by drugstorecandy

posted

deathwish. the melody, the lyrics, the guitar riff... its just perfect idk

Report Reply

Reply by .:xXHelenaXx:.

posted

Famous Last Words was my favourite back in 2007/2008 (I still love it), my favourites right now are Bulletproof Heart, The Sharpest Lives, House Of Wolves and Na na na na :)

Report Reply

Reply by Kai

posted

Headfirst for Halos for that intro guitar, it's so good. Or You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us in Prison for the backing vocals!

Report Reply

Reply by ༓☾ billie ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

posted
updated

it's between mama (transgenderism) and surrender the night (sparks against the railing distant phantoms wailing through the windshield sailing wITH THESE AIRBAGS FAILING-). also foundations of decay is up there because these last few years have been tough for me and, like, not to be dramatic, but it's given me a reason to keep going.

Report Reply

Reply by GhostyCure

posted

I love mama. The reasoning behind this is because I’m trans gender and it’s exactly like what coming out would be like for me 

Report Reply

Reply by MIKEY/POISON !!!

posted

rn my favs r vampire money and early sunsets !!!!!!! vampire money bcuz it makes me soso happy it just feels me with joyous whimsy i go yippee when i hear it . and early sunsets bcuz its just so beautiful. the lyrics are so powerful and the build up makes me so emotional. it rlly sets a scene and tells an impactful story i adore it so much. also honorary mention 2 ghost of you bcuz it has the most beautiful music video Ever

Report Reply

Reply by xXLeia_LiarXx

posted

Thats like a really hard question but honestly probs give em hell kid or this is the best day ever. Why? they are good songs there are def mcr songs with more meaning full lyric and all but they are SOOOOO GOOD

Report Reply

Reply by DR.D3ATH

posted

This is the best day every is definitely cause I love how it sounds

Report Reply

Reply by Ray<3

posted
updated

def our lady of sorrows, cause the lyrics and song all together is just a bop or emily cause thats also a good song or cemetary drive i cant chose :cry:

Report Reply

Reply by Millz

posted

I dont really have a fravourite because I love them all but i really really like Dead!. I think its such an underrated song but I also love... AGHHHHH i cant choose I love them all

Report Reply

Reply by XxHannahmustdie666xX

posted

My current favorites are Demolition Lovers and Cemetery Drive. I don't know why tho! They just make me extremely happy, maybe nostalgic idk

Report Reply

Reply by MCR_M1cr0w4ve

posted

Mine is Helena because it reminds me of when I was younger and also vampires will never hurt u becus I love vampires :3 

Report Reply

Reply by vic ⛧

posted

it has to be sleep. i've listened to that song hundreds of times because it sounds so powerful and raw, and the lyrics are beautifully abstract but so direct at the same time. it's really a work of art dkjhkghg

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_EMILYELECTRICK_xX

posted

our lady of sorrows is my beloved, i'll always adore that song - i love mama, all the angels and thank you for the venom a lot too.

also i'm the #1 sister to sleep lover, i had the awful nokia recordings downloaded onto my old ipod as a kid and i cried when they played it at mcrla5 

Report Reply