« Life Forum

Any advice on how to be more confident? Talking in front of crowds to be specific.

Posted by Edgar Allan Hoe

posted

Forum: Life

So on earlier this week I was in a class and had to read out a short speech I prepared. All seemed fine and well until I barely choke out my introduction.

I stutter on almost every word, I repeat things multiple times, mix up words in sentences, NOTHING went right. I give up and cough out something along the lines of "Can I not read this out?"

Teacher agrees and I sit there for the rest of the lesson blushing red and basically blind cause of all the tears I'm at war with trying to hold them in.

No laughing, no sneering, just a second of deafening silence that was followed by another student reading out what they wrote.

It was so crushing, I felt like an absolute failure. The fact that this exact teacher got me to read a speech a while back ago something of similar disgrace happened, she thought I had improved and I disappointed her. I was so embarrassed, still am. I don't want to go near that classroom anymore or even show my face to anyone who was in that room again no matter how insignificant this probably is to them. Really I'd like to believe that they didn't think much of it and that I'm being delusional by blowing things out of proportion.

Do you guys have any advice? Thanks.

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by jillian♡

posted

Pretend like you're on the phone w a rlly close friend, someone you've known forever, or that it's a group call w multiple friends

Report Reply

Reply by Rosyquartz

posted

Make up a self insert character that's super confident and pretend to be them

Report Reply