« Back to the Oh, The Horror! Forum

Phycological horror

Whats yall favorite Phycological horror movies??? i need some good recommendations :))

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by jess <3

posted

im thinking of ending things is great for physiological horror. its on netflix 

Report Reply

Reply by Hunter's Cyberspace

posted

Black Swan is by far one of my favorite psychological horrors.  It was heavily inspired by Perfect Blue which is also a FANTASTIC psychological horror.  Honorable mentions would be Swallow (2019) and Goodnight Mommy (2014).  

Report Reply

Reply by reggie ˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

posted

Mother! (2017) the whole movie itself is very confusing and for the most part, quite frustrating since nobody was listening to "mother" (who is the main character btw ;)) nor was anybody showing her at least a bit of kindness, not even her own husband. it starts off pretty tame and the build up was kinda slow (but maybe thats just me being impatient) but the whole "nobody listens to mother" was already there from the start, somewhat already signaling that nobody would take her seriously and listen. i can't really say much without saying much, but the film can take a while to understand what you watched, however i'm pretty sure thats what you want when watching a psychological horror movie. plus jennifer lawrence stars in it so that's an immediate sold for anybody.

Report Reply

Reply by Leo Draven

posted
updated

Some great psych horror movies imo are The Witch, Hereditary, and The Invisible Man (2020)

Report Reply

Reply by Arcadia

posted

Black Swan and Jennifer's body

Report Reply

Reply by Goblin

posted

It's more of a thriller but Cube is really good if you want to get into characters and how they evolve as the story progresses

Report Reply

Reply by Giu🍓

posted

Perfect blue and Jennifer's body

Report Reply