« Helping each other Forum

Regarding long lost Myspace photos.

So I recently was able to log into my old MySpace from way back in 2006-2009, and unfortunately there's not much on there. My photos still have placeholders like they almost exist. The captions are still there on each photo, but the photos themselves don't seem to be on the Myspace servers, which is incredibly saddening. I'm just wondering if anybody has had any luck retrieving their old photos?

Myspace claimed to have lost 12 years of data back in 2019, that seems to be what wiped everything

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by altX_cassar

posted

im sorry to hear that, the wealth of photos and other lost media (including whole bands discographies that they didn't upload anywhere else) is terrible, just because they didn't do it in smaller stages with backups of each made,

Report Reply

Reply by altX_cassar

posted

im sorry to hear that, the wealth of photos and other lost media (including whole bands discographies that they didn't upload anywhere else) is terrible, just because they didn't do it in smaller stages with backups of each made,

Report Reply

Reply by Brandon K

posted

I think it was on purpose as a way to purge the data and restart Myspace from the ground up. Which failed. The site is dead now. The internet is a digital archive and a place to keep some of our best memories, and for them to lose all that is pretty sad..

Report Reply

Reply by Rafael

posted

Perhaps you've already tried this, but the Wayback Machine might have them?

Report Reply

Reply by -XxJOSHxX-

posted

I hate modern Myspace

Report Reply