« Romance and Relationships Forum

do you date to marry?

do yall be datin ppl just to date them becuz

i feel weird doing that I'd only be in a relationship with someone if i knew i truly loved them 
what do yall think

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by brxx

posted

I date someone to get to know them more and I be in a proper relationship if I consider them being my future wife

Report Reply

Reply by rori

posted

yes, it seems pointless otherwise. And you're only setting yourself or the other person up for heartbreak. 

Report Reply

Reply by Edgar Allan Hoe

posted

Ideally, seems really fake, plastic and forced when you don't, more lustful than sentimental if anything

Report Reply

ig this is something people should ask now because back then thats why people dated but now we date for a variety of reasons. long story short; im not even open to dating rn LOL. im 19 so why rush anything, im comfy in my own presence too.

Report Reply

Reply by ren

posted
updated

I’ve only dated a few people, but for me at this point in my life I just like learning about people, and how to manage relationships. It’s hard to get with someone and just say “I want to spend the rest of my life with you”. 

Report Reply

Reply by j4cki3

posted

No. I think your primary goal when dating someone should be growing and learning. Romantic connections can be very triggering for some because they reveal parts of yourself you didn’t know you had. If you let yourself, you will heal and grow to be a better person. If not, romantic relationships will feel like hell for you because you don’t learn your lessons, which is why you will always repeat the same cycles. Therefore you need to learn how to be your own person first before you can get into the dating scene, imo 🤷🏻‍♀️ If you already did that u can try dating someone with marriage in mind .. It just depends on the person and how far they’ve come in their healing journey. 

Report Reply

Reply by killuastrange

posted

in this economy? haha
seriously though been engaged twice but kept being ghosted..
welp, it is what it is.

Report Reply