« Back to the The Rawring 20s! (2000s Emo/Scene) Forum

Is nightcore emo? and by extension is nightstep, is dubstep emo?

In my emo youth days, 8 years ago or so, I considered myself very much emo, a little scene. Bring me the horizon, Black Veil Brides, Panic at the disco, Falling in reverse, you get me. But a lot of my music was night core, and its only been recently when trying to find the old night core and night steps songs for nostalgic purposes and because they fucking rocked, was a lot of the night core songs I listened to, were originally pop songs etc, not just emo music. And a lot of the music I considered night core was actually dubstep, an example being the crave you adventure club remix. Anyway id like to hear your thoughts if this is considered not emo but emo adjacent, a sub category, idk, let me know. XD

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by chaotic Chaos

posted

theres a emo dubstep but i think nightcore is more for any person not emo specificaly

Report Reply

Reply by Spoopz

posted

for me personally it is i had some emo friends back in the day who also listened to nightcore. then again this was 2010 youtubE so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

but true emo? i dont think so?

Report Reply

Reply by Spoopz

posted

for me personally it is i had some emo friends back in the day who also listened to nightcore. then again this was 2010 youtubE so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

but true emo? i dont think so?

Report Reply

Reply by zeffdakilla

posted
updated

nightcore is for any1. but if it's a nightcore version of an emo song then yeah that's definitely emo c:

and dubstep? idk..... regular dubstep definitely isn't emo but if someone somehow incorporated aspects of emo music into dubstep then maybe...? or a remix?
like the nightcore song 'Monster', everyone's heard of that one, it's a dubstep remix of Monster by Meg & Dia which is an emo song, so i guess the remix is kinda emo?

idek... it's confusing O_o

Report Reply

Reply by Emory_With3rs

posted

Its more of a scene thing.

Report Reply

Reply by x.{finn}.x

posted

no nightcore is literally just songs that are turned faster and higher, not emo or emo adjacent even. dubstep is a completely different genre of music 

Report Reply