« Art and Photography Forum

art block and struggles

Posted by fern

posted

Forum: Art and Photography

i swear ive been in art block or 3 years. and i used to be so good, and ahead, and people would always compliment me and i could draw everyday, and it wasn't something i hid. and now i draw maybe once a month if im lucky, and i cant improve and take myself seriously because everyone my age and younger is BETTER than me, and i dont want to be bad, but i cant be good without practising but i cant practise because im too critical of myself. i have too much of an ego, and im too judgemental. my friends are all so good because they didn't stop like me, and theyre all proud of their art, and i just feel jealously because that shouldve been me! and guilt again because thats unfair to feel that way towards them because theyre lucky, and im just stuck in my endless cycle. 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by TheBigFatCaterpillar

posted

That sounds really rough. Maybe it could help you to get back in the swing of things if you draw something tiny every day. Just a little doodle. As long as it's something. It could take you literally five seconds but it'd still be something. Just doodle in the margins of a paper or something. Draw literally anything, even if it's garbage. Just put a pencil on paper.

If you need ideas, you can draw

-a tree
-a rock
-a flower
-your favorite character
-a lake
-yourself
-shapes
-a cat
-a fish
-or literally anything else that comes to mind

Report Reply