« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

The Batman (2022)

Hello, film enthusiasts! I recently saw the new Batman from Matt Reeves and grew insanely attached to it! I loved a lot of it! I'm encouraging you all to leave your thoughts on the movie in the replies! Did you enjoy the movie? Were there scenes you didn't like? Anything you would've liked to see? What about the cast? Let me know! Let's discuss!

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ! MUZZLE !

posted

I literally LOVED the new batman movie. I've been fixated on it for a really long time, ever since the movie came out. The one thing that got me hooked was the Riddler's character design. I thought and still think that it's the kewlest thing ever! The mask, the entire outfit, the difference of it compared to past Riddler designs, I think the contrast is so awesome. I also enjoyed the storyline, but some parts had me a little confused before they were officially announced. Something that got me wondering "woah, what?" was the fact that in the Arkham scene, Edward said "Bruuuce, wayyynee", despite not knowing that Batman was Bruce. I only ever figured out that he never knew that Batman was Bruce when the creators confirmed it!

Report Reply

Reply by Bignate

posted

10/10 would nut again.

Report Reply

Reply by Violet Grant

posted

My favourite part of the movie was definitely the cinematography. I feel like the made Gotham City look exactly how it's supposed to look. Very dark, and illuminated by streetlights. 

Robert Pattinson did an excellent job as Batman. With other Batman movies, I've had a hard time connecting to the character and truly caring about what happens to him. I feel like with this movie, you were able to see the movie through the eyes of Batman rather than just as an outside observer. 
Now I am a big Zoe Kravitz fan. I loved her in Big Little Lies and High Fidelity. But Catwoman in this movie was quite disappointing. I was intrigued by her initially, but I didn't like what they did with her towards the end of the movie. The whole plot with her Dad just felt very generic and lacked any kind of nuance. The trope of the irrational woman being talked out of doing something by the rational man was not something I loved. They could have done so much more with her. She looked amazing and Zoe Kravitz did her best with what she was given, so I blame the writers for that one. I wish they had given Catwoman's character some more substance and made the love story between her and Batman a little more believable. 
The movie was also way too long in my opinion. Throughout the whole last hour, there were like six points where I thought that the movie was going to end. Then it just kept on going. If they had made it like an hour shorter, it would have been much more enjoyable. I feel like there were too many side plots and tangents that the movie kept taking. 
Overall I enjoyed the vibe of the movie, but I feel like they could have done a lot better. 

Report Reply

Reply by Chloe

posted

i really didnt like it :( it was really long, the ending dragged on for a really long time without reason, there wasn't any chemistry between catwoman and batman but they still kissed? for no reason? catwoman needed more cats tbh, this batman didnt rlly live up to the batman character in the sense that his whole thing is being this rich billionare with tons of futuristic tech he uses and does all this good for the community,  but instead of being like the esssential batman character he was an emo shut in (which- same but.. not rlly batman lol) and all he had was.. eye cameras? that barely even worked too? and his parents were corrupt which strays so far from the OG storyline where they were these amazing people helping gotham tht were killed by the joker. this is my very anger filled useless opinion adn i hope you enjoyed

Report Reply

Reply by fern

posted

omg i love it smsmsmssmsm i literally cannot stoop thinking about the set design its so beautiful and makes gotham look so dark. paul dano's acting is so goood too, i was on the edge of my seat whenever he was on screen. i kinda liked how long the movie was, it didn't feel suoer dragged on, even though it was 3 hours, each scene had so much care and needed to be there. im not a dc fanatic and i havent watched all the many batman movies, but i prefer this film over the dark knight, as it just feels so batman.

Report Reply

Reply by dandywd

posted

I literally fell in love with this movie. I’m not the biggest Batman fan, and only really like the Future State comics and Dark Knight stuff, but Matt Reeves version blew me away! My standout is def the entire Batmobile scene, and the investigation stuff felt really engaging too. Every last person in the cast knocked it out of the park. My only real gripe is that for the sequel, i hope they don’t make Joker a main villain, I feel like there are so many more interesting Batman villains and Joker’s just so been there, done that.

Report Reply