« Romance and Relationships Forum

How can I get into a relationship?

So today one of my closest friends casually told me they're in a relationship now. This friend has never been in a relationship before and used to have a crush on me, and I can't help but feel a little jealous. I'm super glad they've moved on and that they're happy now, but it feels like while their life has changed, I'm basically in the same boat I was in when they had a crush on me.Β 

My other best friend is in a 15-month relationship with one of our closest friends. It's been on and off, and I've been her shoulder to cry on for most of it, even when I've found her boyfriend slightly annoying as they spend quite a bit of time together.Β 

In that 15 month period, I had a short thing with a guy, then a talking stage with a girl that was going well until she made out with other people and then got my friends to lie about it to me for two weeks. I also sort of went out with this guy, but broke it off before he could ask me to properly be his gf because he seemed lowkey misogynistic and made me feel like we weren't really that compatible. Now I'm wondering how to meet someone who doesn't go to my school before we go to uni in September bc ideally i'd like to experience some kind of actual relationship. Whenever I get into one I get the ick so easily, but my friends have reassured me that the ppl I've been ending up with have been kinda weird anyway, so maybe it's not me?

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by maj

posted

I honestly feel like we are all rushing to find our "soulmate" and to get into a relationship so I def wouldn't recommend actively searching for anything bc it gets tiring so pls dont put that kind of pressure on yourself, from what I've seen/ experienced people meet their partners through other friends or parties or work or hobbys (like theatre groups an such). I feel like if ur being a little social and mingle a little you'll def find someone. I'd say try a dating app but idk how old u are, statistically they dont work out most of the time but its entertainment ig and u get to work on ur flirting technique ig lol hope that gives u some sort of inspiration

Report Reply

lmk when you find out because im 19 and never been on a date. ive had realtionships b4 but they were online and didnt last obviously. call me a hopeless romantic ig lol

Report Reply

Reply by Adaris

posted

If you're thinking about an efficient way to improve your current experience when dating a slavic woman, there are some reasonable tips to followΒ https://murmur.dating/dating/slavic-women-datingΒ to boost your chances of finding the right match that is serious and unique according to your preferences and expectations.

Report Reply

Reply by Justina

posted

low key try those "fake" dating apps like Wizz. That's was how I met my bf and I wasn't even looking for anything. but honestly i've felt the same way i've had a lot of failed taking stages and just now is in a real relationship. it get frustrating but I think there a person for everyone and they'll come eventually. idk i hope u have luck finding someone<33

Report Reply

Reply by Driggery

posted
updated

Entering a relationship can be an exciting journey, and online dating offers a platform to connect with potential partners. Online dating involves creating a profile and engaging with others through messaging or virtual interactions. It's worth trying as it expands your dating pool and allows you to connect with people who share similar interests and values. High-quality photos and a well-crafted profile are crucial in making a good impression. When choosing a dating site, consider your interests and preferences to find a platform tailored to your needs. Overall, online dating for example with date sophia can be a rewarding experience for those seeking meaningful connections.

Report Reply