« Helping each other Forum

Ukraine

Posted by monogarov

posted
updated

Forum: Helping each other

In Ukraine, the war began and a lot of Ukrainians moved to different cities and countries. Let's talk... Tell your story. 

We also welcome English-speaking children to this forum, for communication, because Ukrainians need to practice English by any means...  

В Украине началась война и очень много украинцев разъехались по разным городам и странам. Давай пообщаемся... Расскажи свою историю. 

Мы также приветствуем на этом форуме англоговорящих детей, для общения, ведь украинцам необходимо практиковать английский любыми способами...  

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by altX_cassar

posted

how are you doing currently? war is a terrible thing and i wish we would live without it, tribalism has got to stop.

im sending all my love out to Ukraine

Report Reply

Reply by monogarov

posted

Thanks for your reply and support

Report Reply

Reply by lime360

posted

so since the first day of the war (24 febuary) we moved out to a small town called kolomyi, then on April 5 we moved to lviv and on June 22 we moved back home

Report Reply

Reply by ajmetz

posted

Had an ex-girlfriend in Kharkiv Ukraine at the time of the invasion. Tried to convince her to get out of there. Then the constant bombing, resultant lack of sleep, etc, proved more convincing, and she hopped onto a train with her Mum and sister, and they went to Poland. From there, there were coaches going to different EU countries, and she hopped onto the one to Berlin. Volunteers found her a place to stay in Lower Saxony - she was excited to be told she'd be going to Hamburg, and was mortified to find herself in a tiny rural town two hours bus and train away from Hamburg, staying in holiday homes adjoining horse stables...with no horses. Her distaste for this was because she was a wheelchair user and being a gazillion miles from civilisation when you have mobility issues - and having to traverse rural terrain with rubble roads full of potholes, was far from ideal. Anyway, she had been trying to leave Ukraine long before, and was in the final stages of getting EU citizen via her grandfather having been Romanian - so I got to visit her in Germany, and then travel with her to Bucharest as she obtained her EU citizenship. She had to travel to Romania again recently to get a passport, and it should arrive in two weeks time.

When the war first broke out, I ended up at the Roundhouse London, as I was a fan of Ukrainian "darkpop" duo, The Bloom Twins, and had been to most of their London gigs since 2013, and they had arranged an early "Night for Ukraine" fundraising concert. So myself and others were queuing outside a London concert venue with sunflowers in our hands. 

Report Reply