« Religion and Philosophy Forum

getting into tarot and adhd

Posted by allison

posted
updated

Forum: Religion and Philosophy

i am a baby witch just getting into tarot.  i know there are plenty of books on readings and whatnot, but i am struggling on knowing the meaning of each card without having to look it up every time.  obviously, if i don't really understand the cards, how can i do proper readings?  i also have adhd, so traditional learning techniques more than likely won't work for me.  can anyone point me to a resource that teaches the meaning behind each card, ESPECIALLY relating the meaning of the card to the picture (i am using rider-waite) on the card?  thank u <3

edit: if the resources could be free too, that would be great <3

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by -keroppi-

posted

hi!

i've been practicing tarot for about 2 years now and i also have adhd, so i completely relate. from my experience, the best way to remember the meanings of all the cards is to keep doing readings, either for yourself or other people. i started out with having favorite cards, ones with stories that i could relate to.

sometimes, doing readings for the same person over and over again will help too, as i often find myself pulling the same cards or ones with similar meanings. that repetition will assist you with building a connection with those cards.

if you have any questions, feel free to add or message me! i'm always happy to help others get into tarot and perhaps we can do readings for each other to get more practice! :D

Report Reply

Reply by twiley

posted

the meanings of each card will become more familiar to you the longer you do tarot.

my advice: just look up the card, look at a few different sites. whichever website's meaning resonates most with you, use that website from now on. different websites have different meanings depending on the context of the reading (i.e. love/work/health). 

these are the websites I usually refer to

https://labyrinthos.co/blogs/tarot-card-meanings-list
https://www.psychic-revelation.com/reference/q_t/tarot/tarot_cards/

you don't need to know the cards meaning to do the reading(just google it when it comes up). what's most important (in my opinion at least) is your relationship and connection with the cards. each deck has it's own personality, with every new deck some people recommend doing a deck interview spread(: just google the spread and see which questions you'd like to ask your deck about itself.

one thing some beginners struggle with is 'picking' the card, they're not sure when to stop shuffling. for that, i recommend just shuffling until a card falls out of the deck. 

another tip: the true way to do readings for other people, is first mastering reading on yourself.

Report Reply