« Food and Restaurants Forum

What are some unsanitary things you have witnessed while working in a restaurant?

I used to be a server at IHOP. 

The bowls that coffee creamers go in don't get rewashed unless they have noticeable smudges of food, and then fruit is put in them for the next customer who asks for a side of fruit.

The milkshake cups NEVER got thoroughly washed because the liquid was very thick. Everytime I had a customer order a milkshake, I would scrub a milkshake cup vigorously in the utility sink with soap and uncomfortably hot water. I was the only server who did that.

IHOP servers would prepare salads by grabbing fistfuls of lettuce without washing their hands or wearing gloves. Many of them wouldn't even wash their hands after taking dirty dishes to the back.

I work in a Mexican restaurant now. The only thing I find unsanitary about it is the amount of flies that live in the kitchen during the summer. The restaurant has outdoor seating, and the doors to outside are wide open for 11 hours everyday in the summer.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Nathaniel5874

posted

Real estate, a dynamic sector encompassing residential, commercial, and vacation properties, plays a pivotal role in global economies. Amidst the myriad of options, vacation rentals have gained substantial popularity. With platforms like Airbnb and VRBO, travelers seek unique experiences while property owners generate income. However, ensuring a positive experience hinges on thorough research and reliable reviews. Vacation Rental Pros reviews serve as a crucial tool for prospective renters, offering insights into property quality, location, and amenities. In an industry driven by customer satisfaction, such reviews wield significant influence, guiding travelers towards memorable stays and aiding property owners in maintaining high standards.

Report Reply