« Back to the Oh, The Horror! Forum

Scream 5 opinions

I watched the movie when it came out and I want to hear others opinions.

Report Topic

16 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by lou ☆

posted

It was a good horror movie but a shitty scream movie, i prefer to pretend it doesn’t exist :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Emmy

posted

It was a good movie stayed with the gore of the others but I didn’t get the whole Sam’s Billy’s daughter yk?

Report Reply

Reply by Hunter's Cyberspace

posted

Honestly, in my opinion, I think one of the biggest reasons people liked this movie was just for the nostalgia.  Going into it my expectations were pretty low, and those expectations were met for the most part lol.  I thought most of the characters were incredibly unlikable, and the "movie within a movie" plot was just painful to watch.

Overall, I didn't particularly enjoy it but I can see the appeal to people who have been Scream fans for a long time.

Report Reply

Reply by Sal

posted

i hated it, it was worse then gail weathers's fringe in scream 3. It was so unoriganal and killed off the best characters for no reason witch makes it so if they make another movie they cant keep the only good ones as they killed them off, overall it was just really boring for me based off how good the others were and had no plot twists.

Report Reply

Reply by Alana

posted
updated

I also watched the movie when it first came out and let me just start off by saying that it was not my plan. My fiancé dragged me to it. He knows I'm a horror fanatic and thought he was being sweet. Thankfully, by the end of the movie he also agreed it was torturous and to listen to me next time. IT IS A SPOOF. I am aware it is not supposed to be, but that is what it came out as. When I say this movie singlehandedly ruined the entire franchise for me, I am not exaggerating. They killed off Dewey! The plot could have been good in theory (if overdone to the nines), but the way they went about executing it was terrible. They tried so hard to make it realistic that it seemed forced. Also, as with the past movies the ghosts were pointless and cringey more than anything. Acting was meh, kills were weak, and the motive was terrible. The only reason people even like this movie is the returning cast and the "new and upcoming actors". Loved the returning cast, that's always cool. New cast? Terrible over-acting and cringey finger pointing. I thought 4 was bad. Actually, I'll give the movie a little credit; it was better than 4 only because I went in knowing it was going to be bad. I'm sorry Wes Craven. 

Report Reply

Reply by will

posted

I actually enjoyed it, my least favorite thing was the visions of Billy, not a big fan of dream sequences or visions.

Report Reply

Reply by Bad B!tch

posted

It was okay I just think it got the hate that it did because people held it to the same standards as the oringinals

Report Reply

Reply by blexxed_angelz

posted
updated

honestly I enjoyed it but I liked Scream 6 a lot better..

can't compare to the original tho

Report Reply

Reply by Olivia

posted

good  but bad because they killed off Dewey but it was okay

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕬𝖕𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔

posted

I really liked it I was sceptical about the new characters but I feel like it revived the franchise not better than the original though

Report Reply

Reply by Buckwheat

posted

(Sorry for the long answer I'm about to write)

There is NO Scream movie I absolutely hate. I have favorites, and least favorites; but I will never dislike any of them to a serious degree. If and when I don't like a Scream movie, I will re-watch it and see it from a different perspective. I'm not saying they can't have rough spots in the movies, because trust me I know there are some REALLY rough spots (cough cough Scream 4

As for Scream 5, I thought it was a refreshing take having new victims and almost a completely new cast. Change is hard, especially for a movie series as beloved as the Scream franchise, and I thought they pulled it off! Not only that, but I thought it was good to have after the dissapointment I had after I watched the 4th one. I thought it had good killers, good twists, good acting, nice kills (RIP Dewey) and a satisfying ending. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a solid 8.5! 

Thanks for reading :))

Report Reply

Reply by leo ^_^

posted

my least fav in the franchise ... i love the new characters added but there was way too much going on and i honestly find sams whole "billys daughter" storyline to be rlly cliche and random. plus wes and dewey r some of my favorite characters so ...

Report Reply

Reply by Annie

posted

I love that horror movie 

Report Reply

Reply by anya

posted

As half the people in the comments have said, it can never beat the original. However, I liked the casting overall, LOVED Mikey Madison (wish she was in more movies), the ending was slightly anticlimactic though. I'd rate it a solid 7/10.

Report Reply

Reply by lia

posted

it wasnt terrible imo. the plot twists were a bit ridiculous though lol. however like a lot of people mentioned, i dont think any other scream movie will beat the first one. my least favourite is definitely scream 4 !

Report Reply

Reply by ★𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚★

posted

good because mikey madison is in it <3

Report Reply