Forum: Helping each other

Just a page talking about teenagers cripplng mental health

Report Topic

25 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Milla

posted

i have shitty anxiety n tantrums DX

can i use this as a vent thread sometimes.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by faekal_matter

posted

Hi! Guess what! You can't always be there for someone! And in order to be the best you can be you need to take care of yourself and set boundaries! 

A few years ago a prompt in group therapy came up asking how we can be there for someone while in a bad mental state or are struggling to just take care of ourselves. Heres my notes from that; 

Do little things like send them memes when theyre sad.

Text reminders that you love them/to remember meds/to eat etc..

- Send the following, whether it be in chunks or just a few things, based on your judgement

First things first coping methods

- Wall Push (good for when youre angry or have a lot of nervous energy); Find a spot on the wall and brace against it with two hands and firmly planted feet. Push it as if it could actually move if you used enough weight. Pay attention to the pressure of your hands against the wall and the stretch in your legs. Feel it.

- Square breathing; inhale 5 secs, hold 5 secs, exhale 5, hold 5, repeat.

- A grounding exercise; Name 5 things you can see. 4 you can touch. 3 you can hear. 2 you can smell. 1 you can taste. Name them one by one.

- Body Scan (version 1); Start with your feet. Tense and relax the muscles. Continue slowly to your legs, torso, arms, neck/head. Feel your body reacting. Holding and letting go. 

- Body Scan (version 2); Version 1 in addition to visualizing a ball of energy. In your hands, above your head, in your heart.. wherever you want. but its yours. Picture it expand and compress or glow bright as you breathe. With each slow breath comfortable to you, send a ball of energy to a part of your body. Tense and relax. What do your feet feel like in your shoes or on the ground? What does your back feel against that chair youre in? 

- Belly breathing; This one is recommended by both therapists and pulminologists (lung doctors). Best laying down. Put your hands or something heavyish on your stomach. Breathe with your diaphram and watch/feel your stomach rise and fall. As you breathe in it should go up, and down as you breathe out.

Hotlines

Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (2433) – Can use in US, U.K., Canada and Singapore

Help Finding a Therapist: 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)

National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8245)

Crisis Help Line – For Any Kind of Crisis: 1-800-233-4357

National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP(4357)

National Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663

Pregnancy National Helpline: 1-800-356-5761

Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)

The Trevor Helpline (For homosexuality questions or problems): 1-800-850-8078

Panic Disorder Information and Support: 1-800-64-PANIC (1-800-647-2642)

Eating Disorders Center: 1-888-236-1188

Parental Stress Hotline: 1-800-632-8188

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by yari?

posted

I have a lot of anxiety and stress but when I try to tell someone about it they say I'm to young to feel like that 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by UrlocalPossum

posted

I honestly have a metric fuck ton of problems and I don’t even know the source of most of them. Lately been feeling extremely attention starved which isn’t helped by how little sleep I get bc school is an ass

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Angi☆

posted

I think everyone I know currently hates me and is plotting against me, any tips on how to deal with this? I'm self-aware enough to know this might just be in my head, but I feel like everyone I thought I was friends with are giving me the cold shoulder suddenly. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by haya ౨ৎ

posted

hi!

i feel like my mental health is alright rn but some part of me feels like just relapsing and going back to my old ways, it's scary because i thought im finally past that stage in my life ):

i also feel kinda helpless sometimes when it comes to school because, i want to put in effort  for good grades so badly but i always end up having some health problem or issue getting in my way, when i try to,  i dont feel normal like the people my age tbh. i just wanna get out of my shitty household and live on my own yk?

thats all my problems for now i guess.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by haya ౨ৎ

posted

hi!

i feel like my mental health is alright rn but some part of me feels like just relapsing and going back to my old ways, it's scary because i thought im finally past that stage in my life ):

i also feel kinda helpless sometimes when it comes to school because, i want to put in effort  for good grades so badly but i always end up having some health problem or issue getting in my way, when i try to,  i dont feel normal like the people my age tbh. i just wanna get out of my shitty household and live on my own yk?

thats all my problems for now i guess.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Noa

posted

Hola, creo que la salud mental es tan importante como la salud física, desde que tengo memoria eh luchado contra una depresión combinada con ansiedad y aunque a veces se vuelve tan difícil mantenerte vivo otra parte de mi quiere luchar para demostrar que soy mejor que todo lo malo que pasé alguna vez. Si te siente identificaste o simplemente tienes algún problema, por favor siéntete libre de mandarme mensaje y desahogarte, tal vez pueda ayudarte.

Una vez escuché una frase de una de mis series favoritas que me dejó pensando:

-"Los dañados atraen dañados"

-"Nunca falla".      -You

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by I'm dead

posted

RI really feel overwhelmed, a lot of stress and too much anxiety, but I try to control it, I just want to talk about my thoughts. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Sophii

posted

Cualquier adolescente sabe en estos tiempos que es imposible desahogarse con alguien mayor sin que suelten la típica frase "eres muy joven  para tener problemas" y los hechan de menos 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by JrSBX

posted

vivo encarcelado en una mente dicidente 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by alex_aweonaoo

posted

as a person who has been in a mental center for 11 months, i can try to put some tips here so y'all can feel better...

if you have anxiety.

take something really cold in your hands, it'll make your body focus on that and the attack will calm, believe me, its biology xd.

i usually think that i am in somewhere safe but idk if that helps you, try it though, breathing slow and deep at the same time. 

also... if you tense your hands really hard and then relax em, you'll feel relieved.

if you feel like sh

i usually think about what i felt when i saw some friend doing it or just with em in their arm. what my loved ones would feel, i know i can make you feel really sad, but that thought is what has me clean for months now.

the ice also helps in this one, for the pain it does, it relieves, you can try hair elastics in your wrists, just pulling a little.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Cozzie

posted

im autistic and i dont have the resources to actually get diagnosed because my family fucking sucks lol. ive always had trouble talking to people and making friends and keeping them because of my autism and because everyone just sees me as weird and whatever and dont bother to keep me around because they have better friends to hang out with or talk to. the only people i talk to now are my fiance and his friends and even then his friends dont really talk to me much either and only hang around me because they hang around my fiance. it also doesnt help that i have really bad BPD as well and it makes me feel like a worthless piece of shit because people look at me the wrong way or some stupid shit and i feel so dumb because of it. im glad i found my fiance when i did because if i went any longer without meeting someone as supportive and stuff like him i probably wouldnt have made it this long lol 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by AltWoman_XD

posted

I have never been diagnosed with depression, but I definitely have it. I also might have autism, but have been diagnosed with ADHD and Anxiety. Just hard to get meds currently, because a psychiatrist I saw didn't approve. 

My mental health just sucks currently and "living in the past/reminiscing about the 90s/2000s" is how I cope.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ⺀ㅤ۫ ꒱ㅤ。ガブリエル 💧

posted

hola, tengo 16 años y bueno, quiero contar que sufro ansiedad desde chiquito, empezó con el bullying en primaria, y ahora creo que tengo ansiedad y depresión. Mi mamá no quiere aceptar eso, o simplemente finje que no sabe, hace la mirada a un lado en ese tema. Hace como 2 años empezé con las autolesiones, hoy en día ya lo estoy dejando por mi mamá mas que nada, pero fue y es un proceso largo. estoy llendo a terapia y estoy tratando de cambiar mi rutina para sentirme mejor conmigo mismo. estoy pasando por un contacto cero con mi mjr amigo virtual de casi 2 años, lo cual en su momento fuimos pareja y liego volvimos a como era antes, pero creo que eso fue peor, y ahora estoy tratando de seguir mi vida. tal vez alguien de aqui alguna vez tuvo un amigo virtual al cual lo quiso tanto, lo amo tanto y luego por un motivo de tuvieron que alejar, bueno, si pasaron por eso, me entenderán. Pero por el momento estoy tratando de sentirme mejor solo para que mi mamá no se sienta mal y piense que no está haciendo nada para ayudarme, cuando ella me da todo su apoyo. Quiero que sepan que todos merecen ser escuchados y ayudados. saludos de parte de Gabriel.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by forestsex

posted

Should've dissapeared but im still here

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by alyyy🎀

posted

a guy i though was my soulmate kinda dump me for my fake account and he told me he never found a girl to like him,i wrote him 3 paragaphs telling him how much i want him,ive never told him i love him but i always felt like i did and probs will,i cant really get over him,i just miss him,he unblocked me outta pitty......

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Jinx

posted

Most people in my life (apart from my oblivious and too stressed to be blessed parents and my too mentally messy grandparents and my mums friend from work. poor things) say that I've got some serious kind of mental disorder. I've done some research and I know Dr Google is never right but my now ex mates say that I've probably got schizophrenia, probably bipolar, almost definitely bpd and just a bunch of other stuff but ovs they aren't trained psychologists but nor were the therapists at school I used to speak to like they were gravely concerned about me but then gave up on trying to help me because in everyone's eyes I was too ill to be saved but miraculously not ill enough for the loony bins. That being said, my dad keeps threatening to take me to broadmore wherever that is but I swear to god I'm alright, its just everyone tries to pick fights with me, and those little people that live inside my head are always telling me that it's not only my fault and that I did this this and this to deserve such treatment but that I'm just a Jinx with my families luck and that bad luck comes naturally to me. I swear I'm always on fight or flight and I have been since I was 10, and I seem to be getting worse but I still think I'm fine. This is really complicated to word, but if anyone watches arcane league of legends let's just say that I was terrified when I watched it for the first time, not because the plot line was sad or scary or anything like that, it was because it felt like I was looking in a mirror when I looked at Jinx and looked into Jinx and her issues. anyway sorry about this guys you don't need to hear this have a lovely day! 🙏 

P.S: I can also see into the future because of my mind. I've been able to since I was a little kid. I know what's going to happen as I see it in my dreams the night before the day that it happens. It scares me. Like last night words and pictures and random formations of such things came to mind like things I've said long ago that I don't even really remember saying, memories of my cats that I'd long since forgotten and news articles and things online. Then last night my cat went out and didn't return until later this evening. The whole day the people inside my head were convincing me she'd died by showing me pretty cute little what almost looks like a children's drawing of my cat and then a thin piece of string being wrapped around her neck like a noose and then images flashing of the times where my "autistic meltdowns" got too bad and I nearly killed the cat that I love so dearly. So it's safe to say that on the venture home I was crying silently in the car, flinching and twisting in my seat as they showed me these images and photographs in my head that they'd used to make me truly believe she was dead or the she'd gone off to die somewhere. Sometimes I see big scary monsters and it looks like Jinx and Vi from the hit series arcane league of legends but it's not because I love those characters it's because I see bits of the different voices in my head in them. It's like a war on both sides, like brittan against germany in ww1 & 2, apart from this is more like ww5 because this has been going on tirelessly for 5 years. It scares me. I don't know who I am anymore, I genuinely have lost all sense of self and I act differently or atleast try to around different people. In my classes I see some of the girls having girlfriend's or girl best friends that are basically sisters or mothers to them, and I look at them and it triggers off a gun inside me that tells the war to restart, like a lighter and a spark as you click it on to light your cigarette. I lash out at people for no reason. I gather my things and I leave without reason or warning, I just feel something pulling my arm usually and dragging me to the exit. That's when I see one of the voices in my head cone to life. Sometimes it looks just like Vi, but sometimes it's just a scribbled mess with eyes and a mouth. Something that 2 year old me would've or could've drawn. Sometimes when I'm sat on a couch with my legs up or sat on a warm blanket, under my legs near my ankles it feels like there's something moving, living, breathing, squirming to be free but my legs are trwpping it. And I always picture it as one of my cats. What if it's fluffy? She's too fluffy to be under there, she'll overheat and die! What if it's Mozzarella? (For reference I'm not using their real names I'm using fake names) what if she can't breathe? She'll be so scared under there! So I always have to lift it up and check. Once I confirm time and time again that they aren't there and I shift around and then I feel it again but then I don't. That scares me. Because at that point my thought process is like oh my god I've killed them, I've literally suffocated and overheated my cats. I'm a killer. I killed my babies. And it hurts so bad. And then I just cry about it for s little while and then I eventually move on but oh my god does it confuse and upset my brain when I see my cats while I'm in one of those states because they come to check on me and my brain is like "hit them. They aren't real, so just hit them." And a bunch of other things that you can't really hear because it's overcrowded in there. And sometimes I try to strike, but Vi, the little willpower this vessel has left refrains me from doing so.  Looking into their big eyes doesn't help matters either. But they ate shadow monsters. And they follow me everywhere. I can't get rid of them and they cause me or what's left of 'me' to act ruthlessly or selfishly to others without thinking about what I'm doing,  and everything goes numb. My emotions, my world, my vision goes blurry and I cz that numb, and my body. Its awful.

But anyway, seriosy, I won't bother you with anymore of this bullcrap 🙏 love you all lots and I hope to hear from you soon xx

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Kazzy

posted

Hi :3 

I’m diagnosed with bpd ( borderline personality disorder) 

If anyone here is struggling with the same disorder I’m always here to talk with you

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Kazzy

posted

Hi :3 

I’m diagnosed with bpd ( borderline personality disorder) 

If anyone here is struggling with the same disorder I’m always here to talk with you

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by rattoes.png

posted

ive been having such a rough time recently. i just want to get away from my family. im so sick of being screamed at by my dad. i feel like next time ill scream right back, but i know i wont. i never do. im too scared. its always the same.

i was homeschooled my entire life up until october 2022. that was also the first time i had friends since 2017. my last friendship from back then was with a mormon girl and ended with her practically calling me a f*ggot. i was raised in the mormon church and that was the only real socialization i had as a kid because of the homeschooling. but i was bullied at church and i didn't have any friends there.

i used to try so desperately to make friends. i would talk to everyone i could. i would think i had a friend, but they were always quick to leave when they realized my differences. and slowly, after being abandoned over and over, it crushed me down and snuffed out that "spark" i had. i became so anxious. my attachments became so weird, where id be a doormat and completely give myself to a person and i constantly feel like im going to be left alone again.

every person that comes into my life leaves or i convince myself they're going to try to hurt me/they secretly hate me and are plotting against me. part of me knows it most likely isn't true, but the larger part of me cant get over the thought.

i actually cant imagine a long lasting friendship. i dont understand what is so offputting about me. what turns people off so much that they always leave. and if they dont leave, they hurt me, and when someone from my family finds out they force me to leave them instead.

ive been groomed. ive been touched in ways i didnt want to be. but it feels weird to say because i feel like i asked for it. everytime i go over what happened in my head, all i can think is.. well, you didnt say "no". how can you say they hurt you when you never said no. sure you pushed away and you ignored them and you glared at them and slapped their hand away. but you never said no.

its weird because i dont think id think that way about someone else. if a friend had that happen i would take their side no matter what. but when its me suddenly i feel stupid and dramatic and like i deserved it.

I've been struggling so badly with sh. i wish i could figure out how to stop it. i dont know how i got like this. i dont know how else to deal with these emotions. i get so overwhelmed or upset and that's the only thing i can do to get the feelings out. otherwise it feels like they're stuck inside and its killing me.

i want so badly to be happy. i just want to be happy and not have these problems. i hate feeling like im just full of negativity.

now that im in college i finally have friends. but it feels bad. i thought id be happy, but now i just worry that they think im annoying or a burden or that they plan on leaving me or never actually liked me to begin with.

i worry so much. i feel them slipping away but i dont even know if that's true. i know ive imagined it before and nothing was actually even going wrong. but for some reason i have it in my head that everyone wants to leave me. and that i deserve it.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Windowshade

posted

Being a teenager is so shitty for mental health, but honestly idk if any stage of life after this is gonna be better T^T social anxiety and depression suck

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Silly_<3

posted

I have been struggling with my mental health for the past 4 years. I regained a summary of the memories from the hate crime. A few memories I have are fuzzy but I have figured out mostly what happened. The hate crime happened 2 years ago at this point. And I can barely remember anything. I struggle with my life. I know what roughly happened but I can remember it. And I don’t know why. It’s probably something related to my trauma lol. Btw I’m getting a bit better a remember now :). Sorry for my rambling post lol.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Nickolas Isn’t Nervous

posted
updated

my beloved cat died recently and i no longer feel like i can take it. im very depressed and it feels like no one can or even wants to help me. i feel so alone

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by BessieBlackmail

posted

ive started to hear stuff and i feel like my neurodivergence is the reason i feel childish, i hate being neurodivergent

Permalink Report Reply