« Back to the divination & magick Forum

Tarot cards

hello and sorry if this might be stupid at all, but im relatively new on using tarot for divination, im new to divination in general, and id like for some advice or help for connecting the cards' meanings together when im doing a 3 card reading for example. thanks :)

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by lily

posted
updated

it's important to know their overall meaning, so you will have to learn them one by one. while doing that, listen to your intuition! what does each card tell you? after then you can connect the dots. i guess there may be more methods, but i used this one. happy learning c:

Report Reply

Reply by Jacqueline Michelle

posted

Doing reading is easy you do have to know the meaning behind each card look at the pictures on the cards what do they tell you?  analyze them and express what they are telling and makingyou feel for that particular reading if it’s for love or work or general reading call upon the angels and highest light to give you the reading you need and they will tell you exactly what you need to know at that time. Not always what you want to hear but need to know

Report Reply

Reply by mak :>

posted

learn the meanings of the cards and try to connect the cards together. it's also a good idea to ask for clarification and to use the internet JUST AS A GUIDELINE. tarot can also be an intuitive so try using that also!

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

There's a couple ways of interpreting the Tarot cards.

1. Going off the meanings provided in books or online. I like to use this, even just as a guide or reminder.
2. Interpreting the actual art of the card and how it could relate to the question/situation at hand.
3. (Most useful if pulling multiple cards) Looking for themes among every card pulled. Are there repeating motifs (e.g. swords, wands, pentacles, cups etc)? Are there repeating meanings when looking in books or online?

Hope these help!

Report Reply

Reply by Lizzie<3

posted

i've always just gone off based on vibe of the card but that is after looking up the meaning in the booklet for a while. I also think it can slightly shift from deck to deck. Like my gummy bear tarot cards are going to give me a different vibe than my classic tarot deck. I use each for different kind of readings. I also tend to look at colors and just interpreting the pictures. That's all I do really but it's kind of different for everyone and I mostly just do them for myself. 

Report Reply