« Back to the The Poets Society Forum

Introductions!

just a way to start off for new members.

tell us a little bit about yourself and the type of poetry and writing you enjoy to read and write, feel free to add anything else you wanna say too if you'd like.
My name is Uma, most of my poetry is dramatic poetry and soliloquies. I love slam poetry, gothic poetry and perspective based poems. I'm a fan of Edgar Allan poe and Jordan A. Post. 
Welcome everyone!

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by JupiterCafe

posted

Hi, My name is Leia. I write freestyle poems about my own personal experiences or the things I observe in day to day life. 

Report Reply

Reply by mushr00mv0m1t

posted

hey! im jimmy, my poems tend to be kinda abstract and a bit more avant grande i guess? i tend to write about whatever thought pops into my head or i use verbatim techniques. my fave poets atm include rupi kaur, edgar allen poe and wilfred owen 

Report Reply

Reply by Remus/Spencer

posted

Hi I'm Remus, im agender and uncomfy with gendered terms but any pronouns except for she/her are ok :) I like writing love poems for my partner but i also like writing dark poems to get whats in my mind out. I like trying out different styles of poetry :)

Report Reply

Reply by Kit-Kat

posted

Hi

I don't write as often as i should, but i guess some of it counts as freestyle and some as couplets. I don't know; i just write whatever comes to mind. 

Report Reply

Reply by KuroMelissa

posted

Hi! I write poetry mostly in spanish, since it's my first language, but I'm trying my best to start writing in english too. I hope I can read a lot of things from this group!

Report Reply

Reply by hufflepunkz ♱

posted

i know this group doesn't seem to be active anymore, but hi, i'm ash and i'm 19 years old. i don't really know much about poetry in a technical level, it's always been more of an creative and emotional outlet for me. i like simple and succinct but profound poetry.

Report Reply

Reply by klut

posted

Hi!! I usually write about loneliness, i enjoy reading anything tbh, im 19 and i have a lot to share with u all !!

Report Reply

Reply by Bug

posted

Hello! I’m bug, I go by they/he prns, I enjoy writing dark poetry, though sometimes I try out lighter things. I like Edgar Allen Poe.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒚☆

posted

Hello! My name is Andy, I am a trans boy who uses the pronouns he/they (please use that pronoun more since almost no one does) I like to write all kinds of poems although many times I only create them in my mind.I like all kinds of poets but Edgar Allan Poe is definitely one of my favorites.

Report Reply

Reply by your local scemo teen (Jam <3)

posted

Hey! You can call me Jam, I've never been really good with all the "rules" when writting but I've always loved using poetry and slam poetry as a mean to exorcise my feelings

Currently learning more and more about slam poetry and I even started recording a few things!

very happy to be here and meet new poeple with common interest

also please dont mind minor ortograph mistakes, I struggle a lot with it

Report Reply