« Back to the History~ Forum

Which emperor/leader/ruler has been the most extreme or craziest for you?

Posted by vein

posted

Forum: History~ Group

Mine has been Nero and Caligula. From what I've learned, Nero who was a Roman Emperor in 54-68 CE was known for burning Rome in 64 CE for indulgence, just because he didn't like how the city looked like and also because he wanted to build something, like a temple I think from what I've remembered, and after that great fire, he blamed it all on the Christians then ordered to prosecute the Christians in Rome. Second was Caligula who was an emperor before Nero, 37~41CE and he did a lot of crazy things. First, Caligula's horse who was his best-est friend, I guess made it to a senator. I'm hella serious, he turned his horse into a senator. Also, growing up he liked watching gladiators to death. He killed his own family, was suspected to have incest relationships with his sister, coveted other men's wives, and the funniest one was when he went to the sea together with his soldiers because he wanted to fight Poseidon. There's a lot more that I could say about this mad man but that's all I could say lol I still can't get over that all of these happened. 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Forg

posted

This is a really late reply but I'm bored. 

There was a U.S. President, I can't remember which, that wanted to drill into the Midwest to find mole people bc he was CONVICTED mole people were real. He thought that they were really smart and lived for hundreds of years or something and he wanted to find them, not sure what he planned to do once he found em tho

Report Reply