« Back to the Twilight Fanclub Forum

Why does everyone hate rosalie??

ik she can be pretty abrasive but theres no rosalie fans !

(the revenge scene was so iconic i cant help but love her <3)

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kasey

posted

Nah I loved her I literally named my fish after her when I was like 8 years old

Report Reply

Reply by cammy ♥️

posted

I feel like people wanted her to be "weak" and kind of a kiss ass to Bella like everyone else was. But I love her, and lets be real, Bella needed to hear what Rosalie said most of the time. I love her though.

Report Reply

Reply by Francesca Kline

posted

people HATE her? so sorry to hear that. Anyways, Rosalie's revenge scene was indeed iconic.

I suppose people expected her just as supportive to Bella's turning. Though, she just placed her word, it was simply Bella's choice to listen to Rosalie or not honestly.

Report Reply

Reply by livk33tonmustdi3

posted

her backstory is the most heartbreaking thing. i support rosalie's rights and wrongs. she is the moment

Report Reply

Reply by Urm0m5fa1r1e

posted

idk but i love her 

Report Reply

Reply by winteringstings

posted

i love rosalie. i'd love to see a whole movie dedicated to her, backstory, what she was up to during the bella/edward show, and all of the above. 

Report Reply

Reply by arlo atomickk

posted

I don't know if this is a commonly held belief, but I was really turned off of Rosalie when Stephenie Myer decided to use her to reflect her pro-life beliefs through a tragic backstory of her not being able to have a child. Kind of ironic since the baby ends up killing Bella...

Report Reply

Reply by Nez

posted

I love Rosalie and the actress that played her. Her back story broke my heart  but it helped me understand why she is the way she is. I think people hate her because she is in opposition to Bella but we need to take in account that she's lived this Vampire life. Bella may love Edward but she doesn't really know what's she's getting into. 

Report Reply

Reply by Tressa

posted

literally cause they're just sexist. people just cannot handle when a woman isn't a people pleaser.

Report Reply

Reply by lizzie

posted

i personally really love rosalie:3

Report Reply

Reply by Cassiopeia

posted

she's my favorite. Never knew anyone hated her. I like that she was so honest about everything lol

Report Reply

Reply by Kqv1nq

posted

FR LIKE SHE WAS ONE OF MY FAV CHARACTERS!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Nez

posted

People hated Rosalie because she hated or at least resented Bella. But I think in the end she came through for Bella when it counted. 

Report Reply

Reply by misguidedghost

posted

I think Rosalie was so real. Imagine if someone could have everything youve ever wanted (that is physically impossible for you to have), and tell me you wouldnt have some kind of jealousy or resentment towards them? I think shes authentic and strong. 

Report Reply

Reply by mika. ⛧

posted

idk, but she was one of the best characters. i loved her (still do) so much. <3

Report Reply

Reply by LG FUAD

posted

i have mixed feelings on her tbh... her backstory is heartbreaking, and badass.

what i didn't like was the way she was just pro-life in BD lol. Everyone was super concerned for Bellas health, since she was going to die but she only cared if the fetus made it out.

Report Reply

I absolutely love Rosalie. And I’m so glad she didn’t fawn over Bella like everyone else did. Honestly the only person I can’t stand is Bella. She annoys the hell out of me. Even worse in the books in my opinion. But I never hated Rosalie. Her story was so tragic. I couldn’t believe that happened to her. I am so happy she met Emmet. Also, she’s a real one for having that conversation with Bella about blood. And sharing her story, thoughts, and how she thinks Bella was choosing wrong. I love that she got revenge. She’s such a bad ass and so beautiful. Also, y’all remember in the beginning when Rosalie was pissed that Bella knew they were vampires. And she said it could cause problems for the family. Well, it actually did lol. I mean it worked out in the end but she was speaking facts.

Report Reply