« Back to the Photography Lovers Forum

Opinions on "everyone being a photographer"

Everyone has a phone these days and its easy to take pictures of anything around you these days. Some may label themselves photographer off a single picture of a plate of spaghetti, some may use phones to do things for businesses as maybe take their website photos or create videos they need on the phone used. Though i know anyone can do what they want, i just want to know what other people think about this little curiosity.

Smile and have a great day btw  

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ember Ashes

posted

Anyone can get a really good photo that can be something you want to hang up..... eventually....sometimes it's pure luck. But no. Not everyone is a photographer

Report Reply

Reply by Nathan Gable

posted

In my own opinion, Anyone can pick up a camera/phone camera and take a photo. But.... Personally, I think that It takes real ability to be able to take a photo with good composition with artistic merit.... That's not to say that only a select few can do this.... anyone can become a great photographer with practice.

Report Reply

Reply by angel

posted

i use photography as a form of art and experession. there r moments when i think there are more newbie real photographers than real good photographers. ppl rlly act like its a career that u need a phd for and unless youre stupidly good, just bc u know a few techniques that newbies dont know and can take a good shot of a person or a place, if youre just taking pics i dont think youre good. if there is nothing to transmit, if U have nothing to transmit even wether other ppl catch the meaning or not, if YOUR meaning is empty. then like, wow congrats u took a course to know what ISO is, round of applause everyone. i still care more about a teen that took a random pic of the floor with their phone and thinks thats great tbh.

its the same for paintng, sculptures etc. except youre on Monets level of art, i dont care for your art unless it actually means something to u. because i will never act blind to ppl who can do GREAT difficult things with ease, even if youre an awful person thats impressing, there r some photography techniques that many ppl cant grasp, the same as there is for other arts. but if youre just "i got thaught this technique at college" good, if youre just a good photographer that memorized a 'talent', if youre just playing by the rules then your feelings have to be there, otherwise youre just another person with a camera, and ill still care about the newbie that struggles with their lenses but feels thru their eyes and can only make good pics accidentaly than i care about your "quality"

go get hired at some company to take pics for their events and advertisements and go feel nothing, idc

if u feel a lot, if u express a lot, and also know a lot of impressive things about it then youre not a good ph youre a great fucking artist

Report Reply

Reply by angel

posted

and about phone photography well im poor and ppl around me are either poor or dont have a good camera in their phone so its like i dont even have a personal chriteria to work around i dont wanna assume things based on what i see online i need to see it first person irl lol

Report Reply

Reply by callmebrutus

posted
updated

even if so, whats so bad in it? until it doesnt minimise the others hobbies a-ka 'its not a real hobby if anyone can take a picture'' idc really 

for me personally photography is the same art as any other form of it. and the main purpose of art is expressing feelings, project ur emotions and to tell some sort of story. if u r really enjoying it and its something that u WANT to do,  im not a judge here then. who i am to tell u off?

Report Reply

Reply by Nii ★🎸🎧⋆。 °⋆

posted

Not everyone is a photographer imo

Report Reply

Reply by SleepyCalaban

posted

To me being a photographer is having that passion and drive to do it. Even if it's only a hobby. So no I don't see everyone as a photographer but I feel anyone can be one as long as they have that passion/motivation for it and try. Similar to being an artist who's medium is some type of drawing or painting. It's an art form. :)

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

Everyone has a camera, but not everyone is a photographer (as that requires actual know-how, practice, training, etc)

Report Reply