« Helping each other Forum

coding tips and tricks

idk anything about coding so if you have any tips to make my profile cooler drop them under here!

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by MaterialFuture

posted

I work on web technologies and for a time taught people how to code.

Some good resources:

You can pick up some basic HTML and CSS in a couple of hours if you're just looking to edit small things such as layouts and color. If you're just wanting to get your feet wet I'd recommend looking at the Layouts Page and tinkering around with themes you like.

Another recommendation is using an editor like Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code that way you're able to get nice things like code highlighting, code-completion, and other neat things to make your time easier.

Hope this helps.

Report Reply

Reply by Maureen Martins

posted

Would really love this.

Report Reply

Reply by Illford

posted

HTML and CSS, neither are really "programming languages" in a traditional sense since they just control how text and stuff looks without any real code. However if you ever want to do whole websites JS opens up some cool stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Haylee

posted
updated

disclaimer: im not an expert but what i do know is that you can decorate your profile by going to layouts.spacehey.com, click on veiw details when you find a layout that you want. READ THE CODE. and read it thoroughly, if anything throws you off, dont use it. ESPECIALLY if the word "child" is ANYWHERE in the code.

1) copy the url and paste it into the about me section of your profile

2) you should still give credit to the owner somewhere else, but take that part about credit OUT of the link along with the spaces on either side of the sentence

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUT READ THE LINK THUROUGHLY

Report Reply

Reply by mystical illusions

posted
updated

Hi ... I got down how to grab a profile ... but i use tinipic  to post and they only stay in for a little while ... then gone lol  anyone have a down loader... I can go to for my pics in my files ?  an how to post pictures in the forums... where they will not be deleted after a wk or two ... thanks :>)

Report Reply